Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 7

Week seven of my movie challenged included a Best Picture winner and a some fun comedies.


Below are my movies of the week:

February 10
              Grown Ups (Directed by Dennis Dugan) I know Adam Sandler is hit and miss with people but I am still a fan for the most part. I really like that he always puts his friends in his movies and this is the ultimate Buddy comedy for him. Childhood friends reunite following the death of their youth basketball coach. All the friends are in different places of their lives but one thing is still constant, they know how to rip on each other and still have a great time.

              Kevin Hart: I'm a Grown Little Man (Directed by Shannon Hartman) Stand-Up special featuring one of the most popular mainstream comedians. My dad is a fan of his so we decided to watch this special and it was very funny. Wide range of topics and the audience was included in some of his bits. There is one more Kevin Hart special in my Netflix Queue which I will be watching soon.

              Argo (Directed by Ben Affleck) Ben Affleck has become a top tier director in my opinion. HIs take on a true life escape story is one of my top 5 movies for 2012. The story alone feels like a Hollywood movie but to know that it really happened is amazing. I can see this movie winning Best Picture at the Oscars but sadly Ben Affleck won't win Best Director seeing as he was snubbed a nomination.

February 13    
              Kung Fu Panda (Directed by John Wayne Stevenson & Mark Osborne) Very fun animated movie from Dreamworks. Great cast headlined by Jack Black as a Panda Bear who is chosen to be the new Dragon Warrior. Sadly he lacks all martial arts skills and most basic functioning skills in general.

February 14    
              D3: The Mighty Ducks (Directed by Robert Lieberman) The final movie in the Mighty Ducks trilogy. My least favorite of the series but not all movies end on a super high note. It was a bit cheap of Disney to reuse actors from the previous movies as different characters; the top Iceland player from D2 became the teen goalie for the varsity team in D3.

February 15    
              Escape from Planet Earth (Directed by Callan Brunker) I was very disappointed in this movie. I was hoping for something similar to Monsters vs. Aliens but it didn't even come close. The story was weak and the voice cast was missing star power in my opinion.

              Unstoppable (Directed by Tony Scott) Not the best Tony Scott film but also not the worst. Good action story based on true events. The cast was pretty strong all the way around too.

February 16    
              Hit and Run (Directed by Dax Shepard & David Palmer) Surprisingly good comedy featuring Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell and Bradley Cooper. Guy decides to leave witness protection to drive his girlfriend to Los Angeles for a new job. That is when all hell breaks loose and comedy ensues.

              Pitch Perfect (Directed by Jason Moore) I admit I was a fan of Glee for the first season but it soon grew old. I was afraid this movie would be a lot like that but I was wrong. It was more of a comedy with singing thrown in. I also have a major crush on Anna Kendrick so that was a plus for this film.

              How to Train Your Dragon (Directed by Chris Sanders & Dean DeBlois) One of Dreamworks best films in my opinion; great original story along with a funny cast. I still remember the first time I saw this movie and I still enjoy it just as much with each viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment