Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 14

House sitting for my parents and working form home a couple days allowed me to watch a good amount of movies during week fourteen.


Below are my movies of the week:

March 31
              This Means War (Directed by McG) Bad romantic action/comedy with Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hardy and Chris Pine. Free preview weekend on HBO is the only reason I watched it.

              Howard the Duck (Directed by Willard Huyck) Duck Condoms, Possible Interspecies relations and plenty of drinking makes for a perfect PG rated film. This is another "so bad its good" movie.

              Flight of the Phoenix (2004) (Directed by John Moore) Not the best movie I have seen but also not the worst. Good plot and character development made it enjoyable.

April 1
              Rookie of the Year (Directed by Daniel Stern) If only my broken arm at the end of 6th grade meant I could play baseball for the Colorado Rockies.

April 2
              Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead (Directed by Stephen Herek) I have seen this movies so many times but for some reason I still watch it when it is on. I don't like it very much but there is something about Christina Applegate that keeps bringing me back.

April 3
              Fletch (Directed by Michael Ritchie) This was the first time I ever remember seeing this movie. Now I am mad it took me so long because it is classic Chevy Chase.

              The Iron Giant (Directed by Brad Bird) Beautiful animation and a very emotional story make this one of the best movies I have watched this year.

              Contraband (Directed by Baltasar Kormákur) Fun action movie with Marky Mark. I guess it is a remake of a foreign film but from the same director. Makes me want to see the original to see how they compare.

              Taxi (Directed by Tim Story) Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah busting criminals while driving a NYC Cab. Need I say more?

April 5
              Major League II (Directed by David S. Ward) Not nearly as good as the original Major League but a million times better than the third Major League movie.

              Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Directed by Robert Wise) I know that millions of people love the Star Trek series and movies but I have to say this movie is BAD! I do know it gets better with the second movie but still this was bad.

              Jackass (Directed by Jeff Tremaine) Watching this now I can't believe how young all the guys look in comparison to how they look in Jackass 3.

April 6
              Sherlock Holmes (Directed by Guy Ritche) I am a big Robert Downey Jr. fan and this movie was a great new version of Sherlock Holmes.

              Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment (Directed by Jerry Paris) Proctor!!! More fun with Mahoney and the gang.

              Back to School (Directed by Alan Metter) I have seen this movie on cable numerous times over the years but it wasn't until this viewing that I saw the beginning and realized that it starts out in Black and White. Classic Rodney!

No comments:

Post a Comment