Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 15

Week fifteen included a snow day filled with movie watching.


Below are my movies of the week:

April 7
              Hot Fuzz (Directed by Edgar Wright) Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright back together again for more Kickass fun. Makes me want to watch Bad Boys 2 and Point Break again.

              Pitch Black (Directed by David Twohy) This was my introduction to Vin Diesel years ago and what made me a fan of his.

              Blades of Glory (Directed by Josh Gordon & Will Speck) I caught this on cable at the very end one day and decided to dig up my old DVD copy to watch it all the way through. It is stupid and unbelievable but that is how most movies are featuring ether of the two stars.

April 8
              Transformers (Directed by Michael Bay) Another childhood nostalgia film. Yes it is stupid but to me it is still fun. It also looked and sounded great on my new TV and Sound Bar.

              Beerfest (Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar) This movie is from the guys at Broken Lizard and though not as funny as Super Troopers it is still fun to watch.

              Jay And Silent Bob Get Irish - The Swearing O' The Green (Directed by Kevin Smith) I have watched and will continue to watch anything that features Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes together. This was a video of a live Podcast the duo held while in Ireland.

April 9
              Down Periscope (Directed by David S. Ward) Another goofy comedy that I use to watch with my dad all the time. Pretty good cast of young comedians including Harland Williams and Patton Oswalt.

              Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (Directed by Danny Leiner) Stoner comedy for the 21st Century. I think the Harold and Kumar series is the closest we will get to a new version of Cheech and Chong.

              Spider-Man (Directed by Sam Raimi) Marvels first real attempt at mainstream comic book movies. I still remember standing in line for a couple hours on opening day just to see this movie before my other friends.

              Shaft (2000) (Directed by John Singleton) Sam Jackson was perfect for the remake of Shaft because he himself is a bad ass mother...

              Nature Calls (Directed by Todd Rohal) Not as bad as The Watch but this movie is up there with the worst I have seen so far this year.

April 11
              Sexy Evil Genius (Directed by Shawn Piller) Very fun Dark Comedy featuring Seth Green. Story is a bit weird to follow at first but by the end I wasn't wanting it to end.

April 12
              The Hangover (Directed by Todd Phillips) Decided to watch this after going out to dinner with my parents and having more than a couple Margaritas. I am hoping the second sequel out this summer is better than Part 2.

April 13
              42 (Directed by Brian Helgeland) I am a sucker for Sports Movies. I am a sucker for True Story Sports Movies. I am a sucker for this well told and inspiring movie about Jackie Robinson.

              Tin Cup (Directed by Ron Shelton) Not based on a true story but still a fun sports related movie that I never get tired of watching.

              The Rookie (Directed by John Lee Hancock) No matter how many times I watch this baseball movie based on a true story I still smile and get excited for certain moments. It is also cool to see one of my former classmates in it and have a line.

              The Invention of Lying (Directed by Ricky Gervais & Matthew Robinson) What if lying didn't exist? The world would be pretty boring in my opinion. I have grown to really like Ricky Gervais and this movie written by Get Up On This co-host Matt Robinson is a great vehicle for him. Lots of fun cameos throughout the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment