Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 11

Week eleven saw me turn 31 and have a bit of a slow movie watching week.


Below are my movies of the week:

March 10
              Despicable Me (Directed by Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin) I didn't want to see this movie initially because of the stupid trailers but in the end I really enjoyed it.

              Happy Gilmore (Directed by Dennis Dugan) Classic Adam Sandler fun.

March 12
              Ocean's Twelve (Directed by Steven Soderbergh) My least favorite of the Ocean's Trilogy. Has some fun moments but overall the movie feels like it tried to hard to match the fun from Ocean's Eleven.

March 14
              Kick-Ass (Directed by Matthew Vaughn) I saw this before reading the graphic novel a few years ago. I re-read the graphic novel before watching it recently and it still holds up big time. I am looking forward to the sequel this summer even though I am not a fan of the second Graphic Novel,.

March 15
              Megamind (Directed by Tom McGrath) Another home run from Dreamworks!

              Parental Guidance (Directed by Andy Fickman) Meet the Parents but in reverse. The movie had very brief moments of humor but overall it was difficult to watch at get through.

March 16
              G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Directed by Stephen Sommers) Growing up I was a fan of G.I. Joe, the action figures (not dolls) and the cartoon. This movie is fun for me because it reminds me of my childhood and it makes me feel like I am a kid again. I prefer Marlon Wayans over Channing Tatum in it but deep down I knew that if they made a sequel it would most likely have Channing Tatum in it and not Mr. Wayans.

              Super Troopers (Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar) I still remember the first time I saw this movie. I went to see it based on a recommendation from my friend Andy. I laughed so hard I started to cry back then and this time I came close.

              X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Directed by Gavin Hood) When I first heard this movie was coming out I was excited because I am a big fan of Wolverine. The subtitle for this movie should be "20th Century Fox has taken NUMEROUS liberties with this 'origin' story."

No comments:

Post a Comment