Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 19

Week nineteen was a hodgepodge of movies and sequels.


Below are my movies of the week:

May 5
             The Rundown (Directed by Peter Berg) Still one of my favorite movies starring The Rock. Good action and comedy backed by a strong supporting cast.

May 7
             Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Directed by Tommy Wirkola) Yep this movie was just as bad as I thought it would be. No need to waste your time. Just keep moving, nothing decent to see here.

May 8
             Toy Story (Directed by John Lasseter) One thing really stuck out to me when watching this. Towards the end when Andy and his family are moving to their new house Andy is sitting in the back seat while his baby sister is sitting in the front seat in her car seat. I know that is frowned upon now but did they think this was a good idea back in the 90's?

May 9
             Fast & Furious (Directed by Justin Lin) After hitting rock bottom with Tokyo Drift the F&F franchise started turning it around with this one, all it took was getting the original cast back together.

May 10
             The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Directed by Steven Spielberg) The dinosaurs just didn't look the same in this movie. It felt like the budget for them was cut in half from the original Jurassic Park movie. The story was also lacking a bit in my opinion.

             Noobz (Directed by Blake Freeman) Found this on Netflix and gave it a shot. Not a great movie but it was enjoyable. It focused on a group of friends that enter a video game competition.

May 11
             The Wraith (Directed by Mike Marvin) I started talking to a guy about movies at a party a couple friends were having and he said I needed to watch this movie, which is one of his favorites. It was a bit ridiculous but I liked the concept. I first thought I was watching Knight Rider during the opening sequence.

             Death Race 2000 (Directed by Paul Bartel) This movie is BAD but in a cheesy way. For how much the characters were supposed to hate one another they sure got along during meals and what I deemed "Greek Spa Day".

             Star Trek: Insurrection
(Directed by Jonathan Frakes) Was browsing through Netflix and came across this movie and since I hadn't watched it in a decade I thought I'd give it a shot. It is enjoyable but it was also when the Star Trek moves were in a rapid downhill movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment