Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 10

Week ten was filled with more childhood classics and classics in general.


Below are my movies of the week:

March 3          
              Empire Records (Directed by Allan Moyle) Damn the Man! Save The Empire! This movie featured a pretty good list of "Before they Were Stars" actors in Rory Cochrane, Robin Tunney, Renée Zellweger, Ethan Embry and Liv Tyler. I wanted to work in a record store after seeing this movie but sadly by the time I was 16 there were very few left. I still enjoy listening to the movie's soundtrack from time to time.

              Death Race 2 (Directed by Roel Reiné) This was the first Direct to Video prequel to the Jason Statham remake. Fun action movie that gives more back story to the origin of the Frankenstein character.

              Death Race 3: Inferno (Directed by Roel Reiné) Another prequel to the Statham remake but this one was stretched a bit to far in my opinion. Some of the characters were still interesting but the plot was a bit out there even for a Death Race movie.
March 5

              Supercross: The Movie (Directed by Steve Boyum) I originally saw this movie because of Sophia Bush from One Tree Hill. I watched this movie again now because of Sophia Bush from One Tree Hill.

March 6
              Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Directed by Rupert Wyatt) This prequel to the Planet of the Apes was one of favorite movies of the year when it came out. The only problem I had with it was James Franco. I don't hate him but I have a hard time dealing with him for long periods of time in movies.

March 8
              Wreck-It Ralph (Directed by Rich Moore) Video Games + Disney + 80's Child Mindset = Pure Gold!

              Masters of the Universe (Directed by Gary Goddard) Throwback to my childhood when I was feeling nostalgic. This movie is so very bad that it is extremely enjoyable. The special effects and story are both cheesy but it is still a fun movie to watch 20+ years later.

March 9
              Red Dawn (2012) (Directed by Dan Bradley) I didn't find this remake to be as bad as people thought it was. I actually enjoyed it more than the original.

              Dazed and Confused (Directed by Richard Linklater) This movie is 20 years old this year, that makes me feel old. I remember seeing it as a teenager and loving the story and visuals. The soundtrack might be one of the best ever to tie in with the content of a film.

              Hot Tub Time Machine (Directed by Steve Pink) The cast for this movie wouldn't be my first choice but in the end it worked out and they delivered a fun time travel comedy.

              Mission: Impossible (Directed by Brian De Palma) Though the most recent sequel in this film franchise is a lot of fun, the original is still the best in the series. It brought to life the old TV show feeling.

              Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (Directed by Brad Peyton) Not as fun as the first movie in the series but I can always enjoy a fun movie with The Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment