Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 3

Week three was a busy week of movies. I finally got in a groove of watching one at night after work and multiple movies on the weekend when I am working around the house.


Below are my movies of the week:

January 13
              The Big Year (Directed by David Frankel) In my opinion, an underrated movie featuring 2 really good/funny actors and Owen Wilson. It is more than just a movie about bird watching.

              Seven Psychopaths (Directed by Martin McDonagh) Twisted, Dark and Funny! Great cast and a perfect for my dark sense of humor.

              Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (Directed by Sam Liu & Lauren Montgomery) Enjoyable comic movie with a good plot. Much better then Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

January 14
              Shaun of the Dead (Directed by Edgar Wright) Simon Pegg & Nick Frost at their best in a Zom-Com. This is still one of funniest Zombie I have ever seen. This was my introduction to Simon Pegg and I am still hooked on him to this day. There will be many more Edgar Wright movies on this list.

January 16
              Dante's Peak (Directed by Roger Donaldson) James Bond and Sarah Connor take on Mother Nature in the better of the 1997 Volcano disaster movies. The special effects are a bit cheesy but they aren’t as unbelievable as Disaster movie director Roland Emmerich.

January 17
              Fever Pitch (Directed by Bobby Farrelly & Peter Farrelly) I am a sucker for baseball movies, especially ones with a fun cast. The "true" backstory behind the Red Sox 2004 season the saw them come from behind to beat the Yankees all because of love. I also enjoy seeing the Ney York Yankees lose.

January 18
              School of Rock (Directed by Richard Linklater) 10 years later and this Jack Black comedy is still one of his best movies. The students and soundtrack are as important to this movie as Jack is. The classroom had all the types of kids I remember from school, especially the band manager kind. The music in this movie has a very Rock nostalgia feeling.

January 19
              The Hollywood Complex (Directed by Dylan Nelson & Dan Sturman) Another Get Up On This Podcast recommendation that makes me grateful I never got the acting bug. Documentary focuses on numerous families living in the Oakwood Apartments during Pilot season in Hollywood. This movie covers a bunch of different family dynamics and different parental types from the Momager type to the genuine supportive type. This film did a great job showing  how parents can go way too far at times (Making a child sleep under a snack table because there are no beds) and how 1 hit childhood star (Tami Erin from Pippi Longstocking) still believes she is an A list actor 25 years later. Did you know Corey Feldman won a lifetime achievement award?

              No Holds Barred (Directed by Thomas J. Wright) It is Rocky for Wrestling fans, but much worse. It is on par with Rocky 5. I first saw this movine in 1989 because I was and still am a big wrestling fan. The plot is very weak and the dialog is Razzie worthy. But I still get a kick out of seeing Hulk Hogan, Zeus, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura and 'Mean' Gene.Okerlund. This movie is perfect for the kid that is still in me.

              Sex and the City (Directed by Michael Patrick King) How was this TV show on for 6 years? Why did they have to make a 2 and a half hour movie 4 years later? Why did they make a sequel? This will be the first and only time I EVER watch this movie. Part of me cheered when Noth bailed on the wedding. I know this TV Show/Movie is not geared towards me at all but seriously, this was popular? Thanks to my friend Amanda for requesting this 2+ hour torture session.

              Caddyshack (Directed by Harold Ramis) CLASSIC!!! How can you go wrong with Rodney Dangerfield, Chevy Chase and Bill Murray. This was the first time I saw the movie all the way through without commercials in 15 years and it made me realize I really hate commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment