Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 17

Week seventeen was a busy movie week while I enjoyed a day off. 


Below are my movies of the week:

April 21
              Oblivion (Directed by Joseph Kosinski) Very interesting futuristic Sci-Fi film. As soon as I thought I figured out the movie I was thrown for a loop.

              2 Fast 2 Furious (Directed by John Singleton) The second in the series but with only one of the stars from the original. Still better than the third in the series Tokyo Drift, that one is coming up soon.

              Billy Madison (Directed by Tamra Davis) More classic Adam Sandler

April 22
              The Last Stand (Directed by Kim Ji-woon) A fun action film that reminded me of a cross between SWAT and Walking Tall. Not pure gold but a movie I wouldn't mind watching again over the years when it is on cable.

April 24
              S.W.A.T. (Directed by Clark Johnson) I have never seen the TV show but this movie is always fun to watch. Nice action sequences along with a good cast.

April 25
              Iron Man (Directed by Jon Favreau) Marvel's Phase One started off on the right foot with Iron Man. RDJ is Tony Stark!

              30 for 30: Elway to Marino (Directed by KenRodgers) Growing up as a Bronco fan in Colorado I am a fan of John Elway. Watching this 30 for 30 was interesting because I can't believe some of the trade possibilities that were out there during the 1983 draft. Elway for Montana? Elway to the Raiders?

April 26          
              Pain & Gain (Directed by Michael Bay) This movie is based on a true story and it proves that some criminals are COMPLETE IDIOTS. Movie was a bit stupid early on but by the end it was an enjoyable movie.

              Back to the Future (Directed by Robert Zemeckis) Childhood classic that still doesn't get old. Looks amazing on Blu-Ray!

              Star Trek (Directed by J.J. Abrams) I was unsure about how they were going to remake this the first time I saw it but I have to say I really enjoyed it. The alternate time line based on previous events was a nice touch to re-introduce the characters and their different personalities, especially Captain Kirk's.

April 27
              Beverly Hills Cop 2 (Directed by Tony Scott) The last good Beverly Hills Cop movie. Seeing Judge Reinhold's character go Rambo was hilarious.

              The Losers (Directed by Sylvain White) I have never read the comic book that this movie is based on but I might have to. It reminded me of The A-Team but with B & C list actors. It also has a Pre-Captain America Chris Evans in it.

              The Evil Dead (Directed by Sam Raimi) This was my first viewing of this movie ever. I don't get all the hype people still give it to this day. Is it because at the time there was nothing like it?

              Movie 43 (Directed by Peter Farrelly) From the previews this movie looked like a big bad cluster f*** with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood. The movie itself is actually broken up in to a number of short films with different actors in each one. Some of the short films were bad but there were a few that made me laugh and enjoy the movie as a whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment