Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 20

Another busy week at work slowed my week twenty movie watching.


Below are my movies of the week:

May 12
             Flash Gordon (Directed by Mike Hodges) Even now I think Flash Gordon would be picked to be the Jets QB over Tim Tebow. This movie is not good. It is stupid and in my opinion boring. It just about put me to sleep.

             The Substitute (Directed by Robert Mandel) Thank goodness I never had a substitute teacher like Mr. Smith in this movie. Marc Anthony's character sure loved himself track suits in this movie.

May 13
             Click (Directed by Frank Coraci) Not the best Adam Sandler movie but it did have some enjoyable moments. Christopher Walken was hilarious in it.

May 15
             Star Trek Generations (Directed by David Carson) Before J.J. Abrams had Spock (new and old) cross paths, the Captains Kirk and Picard met up to take down a time traveling villain in Generations. I really enjoyed this movie because we got to see the crew members from the original series and Next Generation in a movie together.

May 16
             The Muppets (Directed by James Bobin) I grew up a fan of the Muppets and this movie took me back to my childhood for almost 2 hours. The entire cast of the film helped bring back to life the old Muppets film franchise.

May 17
             Taking Care of Business (Directed by Arthur Hiller) A twist on the Trading Places type movie with a workaholic and an escaped criminal trading places for a few days. This movie is enjoyable to watch but early on it is easy to tell it is a fantasy, mainly because the Chicago Cubs never have a chance at playing in the World Series.

May 18
             Star Trek Into Darkness (Directed by J.J. Abrams) The sequel to Mr. Abrams reboot of the Star Trek series didn't disappoint me. I know some purists will find things wrong with the movie but as a fan of films I thoroughly enjoyed the movie from beginning to end and look forward to more Trek in the future.

             Warm Bodies
(Directed by Jonathan Levine) I never thought we would see a Zombie Rom-Com but Warm Bodies delivers. An interesting twist on the star-crossed lovers storyline this time featuring a living breathing girl and a Zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment