Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 13

Week thirteen was a light week due to a busy work schedule.


Below are my movies of the week:

March 24
              Jackass 3 (Directed by Jeff Tremaine) First movie I watched on my new TV and I felt like I was in the movie. I might have even ducked during the flying Dildo scene.

              Tower Heist (Directed by Brett Ratner) Stupid Premise with a mostly B list cast but I still had fun watching it.

              Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Directed by Guy Ritche) Strong follow-up by Guy Ritchie in his new Sherlock Holmes franchise.

March 25
              Ratatouille (Directed by Brad Bird & Jan Pinkava) Top quality Pixar film that on the surface doesn't look very special but under the surface it is a very heartwarming and original story.

March 27
              Hancock (Directed by Peter Berg) I liked this a lot more the first time I saw it. Now it feels like the movie was made by combining numerous ideas that don't really work.

March 29
              Blade Runner (Final Cut) (Directed by Ridley Scott) I admit I had never seen this movie before John Sheridan suggested it. I have heard the Final Cut is the way to go the first time you watch it and I have to agree. It was a strong & creative story from Mr. Scott.

March 30
              G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Directed by Jon M. Chu) The sequel to Rise of Cobra was a fun Popcorn action flick. Spoiler Alert! I will say I was happy that Channing Tatum didn't make it past the first 15 minutes. The Rock could have been his own G.I. Joe character back in the 80's so it makes perfect sense why he was the focus on this movie.
              Rock of Ages (Directed by Adam Shankman) This movie was a lot of fun. I have never seen the Broadway musical it is based on but I of course know all the songs. Tom Cruise puts in a quality performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment