Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 12

Week twelve was a mixed bag of movies.


Below are my movies of the week:

March 17
              Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) (Directed by Dominic Sena) I have yet to see the original version of this film but I really like the Nic Cage version. It was the first Blu-Ray I ever bought and was one of the first ones I re-bought after my others were stolen.

              The Greatest Game Ever Played (Directed by Bill Paxton) I do not play golf other than going out to the driving range and hitting some golf balls with my dad years ago but I do enjoy watching it being played on TV or on the big screen. This movie based on a true story shows a good look at how golf was perceived by people in the early 1900's. Disney knows how to do true story sports themed movies right.

              Beverly Hills Cop (Directed by Martin Brest) Did someone say Banana in the Tailpipe?

              Rollerball (2002) (Directed by John McTiernan) I didn't realize how many movies from John McTiernan I was going to watch but hopefully this is the worst one I watch. I'm not totally sure what I watched actually.

March 18
              Vamp U (Directed by Matt Jespersen & Maclain Nelson) Stupid fun Indie film about a vampire who is a college professor and bites a student who resembles his long lost love and turns her in to a vampire. She then goes on a killing rampage draining people left and right while turning her fellow sorority members in to more vampires.

              Ghostbusters (Directed by Ivan Reitman) Who You Gonna Call? I still remember most of the lines years after last seeing it.

              Last Action Hero (Directed by John McTiernan) What if you got to meet your favorite movie character but they didn't know they were a movie character?

March 22
              Olympus Has Fallen (Directed by Antoine Fuqua) Very fun action flick that remined me of the original Die Hard. Solid plot helped carry the story along during the non-action scenes.

March 23
              Rise of the Guardians (Directed by Peter Ramsey) I originally saw this last Thanksgiving but thought I would watch it again and I wish I hadn't. What I originally liked about it in the theater I no longer found cute. The movie seemed to drag on a bit now.

              Man on the Ledge (Directed by Asger Leth) Fun popcorn action flick.

              Up (Directed by Bob Peterson & Pete Docter) Pixar at its very best. So many emotions wrapped up in this movie.

              John Dies at the End (Directed by David Wong) Heard lots of good things about this movie from the internet community and after watching it I have to question their sanity. The movie was very confusing as it played out. I think I know what they were going for but in the end they failed miserably at it.

              Varsity Blues (Directed by Brian Robbins) In Texas, Football is a way of life. Jon Voight took it a bit too far though. Hard to believe that this movie is from MTV Films, it is so good.

              Red (Directed by Robert Schwentke) Graphic Novel turned Motion Picture with an All Star cast. Fun to watch over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment