Stream

Sunday, May 19, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 18

Week eighteen included more time off from work and more movies. 


Below are my movies of the week:

April 28
              Jurassic Park (Directed by Steven Spielberg) I didn't make it out to see this in 3D but I wanted to make sure to watch it again. I still remember the first time I saw this movie and how much it scared the crap out of me. 20 years later I am not scared watching it anymore but I still enjoy seeing one of Spielberg's best movies.

              Iron Man 2 (Directed by Jon Favreau) Not nearly as good as the first Iron Man. It suffered from too many new characters and too many villains. It also felt a bit rushed in parts,

              Justice League: Doom (Directed by Lauren Montgomery) Another strong showing from the minds at DC Comics and their animated division. I know Warner Bros wants to do a live action Justice League movie but I fear that it will never be as good as this animated movie was.

              Die Hard 2: Die Harder (Directed by Renny Harlin) I started watching this with my parents when I went over to their place for dinner and had to finish it once I got home. Some of the airport scenes were filmed at the old Stapleton airport here in CO. They sure seemed to play up the smoking in airports and on planes in this movie which I thought was illegal in1990 when this movie was released.

April 29
              Little Big League (Directed by Andrew Scheinman) Growing up I wanted to be a Major League Baseball player like a lot of kids. If I couldn't be one I wanted to be a manager of a team similar to Billy Heywood in this movie.

April 30
              The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Directed by Justin Lin) This didn't feel like the second sequel to the Fast and the Furious series. It felt like a cheap Direct to Video sequel made just to capitalize off the original. It even had the C & D list celebrities starring in it to attract the younger demographic. I won't even go in to the biggest continuity error with Han dying yet still being alive over the next 3 movies.

May 2
              The Avengers (Directed by Joss Whedon) In Joss We Trust! This movie set a new level of awesome when it comes to comic book movies. Not one character/star was given more screen time. They all shared the screen equally which amounted to an amazing movie that brought together many of the top Marvel heroes. This was a great way to end Phase One of Marvel movies.

May 3
              Iron Man 3 (Directed by Shane Black) This is what Iron Man 2 should have been. Shane Black did a great job with the character and the story. I have no problem saying that this movie is right up there with Avengers in terms of quality.

             Major Payne (Directed by Nick Castle) I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! Fun Damon Wayans comedy about a career military man put in charge of a bunch of Junior ROTC members.

May 4
             21 & Over (Directed by Jon Lucas & Scott Moore) I didn't want to like this movie but it made me laugh more than a few times. Not the greatest thing out there but a fun buddy comedy.

             Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (Directed by George Lucas) I bought both trilogies on Blu-Ray last week and my dad and I started from the original beginning of the series. I know people hate of George Lucas for what he changed in the films but it is still fun to watch and the transfer to Blu-Ray looks amazing.

             Green Lantern: First Flight (Directed by Lauren Montgomery) I am really loving the DC animated films. This was the Green Lantern origin story and told so much better than in the Ryan Reynolds version.

No comments:

Post a Comment