Stream

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Daily Special: Week 35

This seemed to be the week of Eddie Murphy and sports movies. Now if only I could find the perfect mix of both.

Below are my movies of the week:

August 24
             The Golden Child (Directed by Michael Ritchie) Eddie Murphy sure played some interesting characters in the 80's. This movie was released in between the first two Beverly Hills Cop movies. Eddie Murphy's comedic skills were put to good use, I only wish the special effects got a little more attention.

             Trading Places (Directed by John Landis) This just might be one of the best buddy comedy movies of all time. Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy work great as a team and both provide unique traits for their individual characters.

             Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Directed by Chris Columbus) Of all the Harry Potter characters the one character that annoyed me the most over the whole series was Dobby the House Elf. There is just something about him that makes my brain think I am hearing nails on a chalkboard.

August 25
             Batman: Assault on Arkham (Directed by Jay Oliva & Ethan Spaulding) This was another strong movie from DC Animated. I liked that they finally gave us The Riddler and the Suicide Squad. I hope we get more of both in the future.

August 26
             Hotel Transylvania (Directed by Genndy Tartakovsky) Adam Sandler should think about doing more animated movies. His humor and goofiness works well when animated. Plus it allows him to do more movies with all of his buddies.

August 27
             Indie Game: The Movie (Directed by Lisanne Pajot & James Swirsky) This was an interesting movie that took you behind the curtain and showed you what it is like to create an independently released video game. After watching this I wanted an Xbox 360 so I could try out Super Meat Boy.

August 28
             GoldenEye (Directed by Martin Campbell) This was Pierce Brosnan's first James Bond movie and his best in my opinion. This also gave us one of the best video games in the last 25 years.

August 29
             Coming to America (Directed by John Landis) This Eddie Murphy comedy is still extremely funny all these years later. I wish there were still comedies made like this today.

August 30
             Doom (Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak) Adapting video games in to movies can be very hit and miss. This is one of those times that it was a miss. The story was a mess and the characters were a collection of confusion.

             When the Game Stands Tall (Directed by Thomas Carter) I am always up for a true story inspired sports movie and this one fit the bill. I think some parts were over dramatized but it was still enjoyable.

             Into the Storm (Directed by Steven Quale) This is a disaster film pure and simple. The acting was over the top and so were the special effects. The flaming tornado was a fun sight to see.

             Draft Day (Directed by Ivan Reitman) I felt weird pulling for the Cleveland Browns in this movie. I have grown up a Broncos fan my entire life and I know it is just a movie, but I was hoping for them to get the better of the other teams.

Days Watched: 242
Movies Watched: 437

No comments:

Post a Comment