Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 27

Wrapped up June and started off July with some old favorites and a yearly tradition.

Below are my movies of the week:

June 29
              Kiss the Girls (Directed by Gary Fleder) I've read a handful of the Alex Cross books and Morgan Freeman fits the role pretty well. I wish they would have kept going with the movies instead of rebooting with Tyler Perry.

              Transformers: Age of Extinction (Directed by Michael Bay) Thank you Michael Bay for taking a part of my childhood that brought me so much joy and taking a giant dump on it. This is easily one of the worst movies that I have seen this year. Almost three hours of my life that I will never get back.

June 30
              Wet Hot American Summer (Directed by David Wain) Why have I never seen this movie? Where was I when it originally came out? This movie is ridiculous but in the best ways.

Movies watched in 30 of 30 Days. 51 Total Movies in June. 319 Movies in 6 Months.

July 1
            Crocodile Dundee II (Directed by John Cornell) This is more proof that the 1980's created some crazy movie characters.

July 2
            Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (Directed by Joe Johnston) I don't know why but I was really excited when I saw this movie was available to stream on Netflix.

July 3
            Without a Paddle (Directed by Steven Brill) I don't really care about what the plot of this movie was about. I just liked the main actors and how well they played off one another. I'd gladly watch another movie with them together.

July 4
            Jim Breuer: And Laughter for All (Directed by Jay Chapman) I like Jim Breuer. His comedy doesn't feel forced when he is on stage.

            The Replacement Killers (Directed by Antoine Fuqua) This movie doesn't know the time period it wants to be in. There are parts that are very modern and then other parts feel very dated by way of the surroundings or technology.

            Independence Day (Directed by Roland Emmerich) My dad was out of town this year for our annual viewing of this movie but my mom was nice enough to watch it with me. Of course I did have to agree to take her out to dinner as a bribe.

July 5
            Doin' It in the Park: Pick-Up Basketball, NYC (Directed by Kevin Couliau & Bobbito Garcia) Interesting documentary that looked at the basketball played in parks all over New York City. The trash talking and different nicknames were very interesting to here.

            Sharktopus (Directed by Declan O'Brien) I wish I could be a fly on the wall in the room when people at SyFy come up with their crazy movie ideas.

            Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown (Directed by Michael Jai White) I wonder how long it took the writers and director to decide to change the last name of the villain of this movie. I bet it took about thirty seconds after they saw the actor had a GIANT tattoo across his back of his last name.

Days Watched: 186
Movies Watched: 328

No comments:

Post a Comment