Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 30

By far one of the busiest movie watching weeks of the year. I also passed the 365 mark well ahead of last years pace. Bring on the movies.

Below are my movies of the week:

July 20
            Ganbriel Iglesias: Hot and Fluffy (Directed by Manny Rodriguez) This was the first time I saw Gabriel perform for more than a few minutes. I hope Netflix adds more of his comedy specials soon because this was one of the funniest specials I have watched this year.

            Alien (Director's Cut) (Directed by Ridley Scott) I didn't watch this movie for the first time all the way through until I was 30. I watched it with my dad and I remember him laughing more than once when I would jump at random points of the movie.

            48 Hours (Directed by Walter Hill) I was not very impressed with this buddy cop movie. I don't know why but I just didn't think there was much chemistry between Nick and Eddie.

            That Awkward Moment (Directed by Tom Gormican) Watched this after my friend Wendy suggested it and I am glad I listened to her. The plot of the movie isn't anything very special but Zac Efron, Michael Jordan and Miles Teller make this movie. They are very believable as best friends and they made me wish I could be friends with them. I would have no problem watching the three of them in a movie together again.

July 21
            Explorers (Directed by Joe Dante) For some reason I don't remember seeing this movie when I was a kid. Watching it now though I can tell it was filmed around the time of one of my all time favorites, Monster Squad. Some of the actors are the same and even some of the set pieces look similar.

            Four Rooms (Directed by Allison Anders & Alexandre Rockwell & Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino) This is one of those movies that you need to pay attention to because you might miss something important if you happen to look away for even a brief moment. All four stories are good on their own and I would welcome longer versions of each.

            Animal House (Directed by John Landis) I loaned this movie to a friend at work so he could show his daughter. She wasn't very impressed. I made sure to watch as soon as I got it back and laughed quite a bit.

            Nothing to Lose (Directed by Steve Oedekerk) This is another one of those movies that I remember seeing for the first time with my dad in the theater. I still laugh as much now as I did back then.

July 22
            They Came Together (Directed by David Wain) This Romantic Comedy was hilarious. It is from the same people that gave us Wet Hot American Summer and it has the same kind of humor.

            Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious (Directed by Jason Woliner) I am still waiting to actually laugh at this comedy special. I was hoping that I would get some insight to what people find funny about Aziz watching him do stand-up, I was wrong.

July 23
            Rio 2 (Directed by Carlos Saldanha) Not as good as the original. I know it came out a few years after the original but it felt rushed and not planned out very well.

            TINY: A Story About Living Small (Directed by Merete Mueller & Christopher Smith) Seventeen days ahead of last year I hit movie 365 for the year. The tiny house movement is very interesting. I don't think I could do it but I give props to anyone that can.

July 24
            Wedding Crashers (Directed by David Dobkin) This is one of Vaughn & Wilson's beat movies, so many funny moments from beginning to end. Bradley Cooper is such an ass in this movie it is hard not to want to see him fail.

July 25
            Superheroes (Directed by Mike Barnett) I don't know what is worse about this movie. Is it that there are so many people that think they are superheroes or is it the guy who thinks Bruce Wayne is a real person?

            Lucy (Directed by Luc Besson) The idea of this movie was really interesting. The biggest problem is the movie is too short. Key parts felt way too rushed and supporting characters were under utilized.

July 26
            Hercules (Directed by Brett Ratner) I'll watch pretty much anything that The Rock is in. This should've been the perfect role for him. He is a great choice for Hercules. If only Ratner didn't try to include so much humor. It would've worked better as a serious action movie

            Beethoven (Directed by Brian Levant) I am not sure why I decided to watch this movie. I remembered laughing at it as a kid and wanted to throw something on. I think I have now watched this movie enough times for a lifetime.

            Sabotage (Directed by David Ayer) This movie goes crazy after only five minutes. From that point until the very end it jumps around a lot. I got confused at one point about who a couple people were. I wish they would have given the audience a bit more of a back story on the characters.

Days Watched: 207
Movies Watched: 371

No comments:

Post a Comment