Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 32

My Ninja Turtles dreams were seriously damaged at one point this week. Thankfully there are always the classic movies.

Below are my movies of the week:

August 3
             Turbulence (Directed by Robert Butler) This is one of those movies that takes all forms of common sense and throws it out the window. The actions of the characters make no sense and if only it were that easy to make a U-turn and land a plane.

             Cop Land (Directed by James Mangold) This was an interesting movie about police corruption trickling down in to a small community. I really liked all of the actors they got together in the morning.

             Broken Arrow (Directed by John Woo) John Travolta makes a very good bad guy. Christian Slater on the other hand doesn't make for a very convincing good guy when it comes to an action movie.

             King's Ransom (Directed by Peter Berg) This ESPN 30 for 30 documentary was about Wayne Gretzky leaving the Edmonton Oilers for the Los Angeles Kings. I wasn't a huge hockey fan when I was younger because we didn't have a local team. I never knew there was so much drama involved in his leaving Edmonton. It is very normal to see players jump ship on a regular basis now.

August 4
             The Substitute 2: School's Out (Directed by Steven Pearl) I still like the original Substitute movie more but for a DTV movie it wasn't horrible. It does have the a similar flaw that all DTV sequels have, it has the same original plot except for a couple differences

August 5
             Bolt (Directed by Byron Howard & Chris Williams) I hadn't see this Disney animated film in a few years but it was still enjoyable. I wonder if they did a sequel now would the little girl have grown up and have a lifestyle resembling Miley Cyrus still?

August 6
             Shooter (Directed by Antoine Fuqua) This is one of my favorite Mark Wahlberg movies. I like the general plot of the movie and I think he fits the character perfectly. This is also the movie that introduced me to the beautiful Kate Mara.

August 7
             The Birdcage (Directed by Mike Nichols) This was the first time I ever remember watching this movie, it was HILARIOUS. Robin Williams and Nathan Lane as a couple are great.

August 8
             The Sentinel (Directed by Clark Johnson) Jack Bauer joins the Secret Service and needs the help of a Desperate Housewife to stop a presidential assassination while Michael Douglas hooks up with the first lady. How is that for a synopsis?

             Radio (Directed by Michael Tollin) Hard not to enjoy a good football movie was a strong back story. Ed Harris totally looks like an old school football coach.

             Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (Directed by Edward Neumeier) The producers of this movie should really talk to the people working at SyFy to learn how to make a somewhat tolerable movie. They really should have stopped with the first Starship Troopers.

             The Battered Bastards of Baseball (Directed by Chapman Way & Maclain Way) I love this Netflix documentary about the first independent baseball team that was formed back in the 70's. It was a very interesting story and the footage was great to see. I look forward to the Hollywood movie and seeing Kurt Russell play his own dad.

August 9
             The Warriors (Directed by Walter Hill) This was one of my brothers favorite movies when he was a teenager. He watched it all the time and somehow I didn't watch it until now. James Remar was a great asshole in this movie.

             Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (Directed by Jonathan Liebesman) This is officially the worst movie I have seen this summer in theaters. I was not expecting much going in but I got a lot less than I was at least hoping for.

             Fire with Fire (Directed by David Barrett) This direct to video movie was good. I liked the cast and the story was plausible.

             Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (Directed by Michael Pressman) Not the greatest movie in the world by far but still so much better than the newest Ninja Turtles movie that I watched earlier today. These will always be my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Days Watched: 221
Movies Watched: 402

No comments:

Post a Comment