Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 31

Well July is now behind me and boy did I watch a lot of movies last month.

Below are my movies of the week:

July 27
            The Karate Kid, Part II (Directed by John G. Avildsen) For some reason this movie used to be my least favorite in the Karate Kid series. Watching it now though, it is one of my favorites. There is a lot more of an overall story presented.

            Getaway (Directed by Courtney Solomon) I don't like bad movies. I really don't like bad movies that make very little to no sense, this was one of those movies. The setup made no sense, the characters made no sense and end goal made no sense.

            Choke (Directed by Clark Gregg) This movie was not what I expected but it still told a good story. Sam Rockwell is always so much fun to watch.

            The Very Best of WCW Nitro (Directed by Kevin Dunn) I really like that the WWE Network is streaming a number of their documentaries. I used to be a fan of WCW Nitro back when WWE was trying to get their shit together. Once the Attitude era in WWE started it went downhill fast for WCW and Monday Night Nitro.

July 28
            The Proposal (Directed by Anne Fletcher) Ryan and Sandra have great on-screen chemistry. I also like pretty much any movie with Craig T. Nelson in it, I have always liked him since his Coach days.

July 29
            The Usual Suspects (Directed by Bryan Singer) This is always a fun thriller to watch. There are enough twists to keep the viewer guessing until the very end.

            Kumail Nanjiani: Beta Male (Directed by Marcus Raboy) Kumail Nanjiani is one of my top three favorite comedians right now. Anything he is in I try and find a way to watch. I hope he gets to do another stand up special in the near future.

July 30
            Dutch (Directed by Peter Faiman) This was the only thing I was allowed to watch growing up with Ed O'Neill in it. There was no way my parents would let me watch Married with Children. They didn't want my fragile innocence to be tarnished, oh well it was worth a shot.

July 31
            Journey to the Center of the Earth (Directed by Eric Brevig) I really wish Brendan Fraser would have stayed with this series after this movie. His goofiness is a perfect fit for this movie.

Movies watched in 31 of 31 Days. 61 Total Movies in July. 380 Movies in 7 Months.

August 1
             Sharknado (Directed by Anthony C. Ferrante) The surprise SyFy hit of last summer is still really cheesy but oddly loveable. SyFy knows how to make bad B movies.

             Sharknado 2: The Second One (Directed by Anthony C. Ferrante) They did it again! SyFy found a way to "jump the shark" even more than they did last year when it comes to cheesy B movies.

August 2
             Grandma's Boy (Directed by Nicholaus Goossen) I love this movie. It reminds me a lot of what old Adam Sandler movies were like. Lots of funny characters and a creative plot.

             Blue Streak (Directed by Les Mayfield) Martin Lawrence teamed up with Luke Wilson made for a pretty enjoyable Buddy Cop movie. It was left open for a sequel or two but sadly we never got one.

             Simon Sez (Directed by Kevin Elders) I was a huge Dennis Rodman fan when I was a teenager. I wore his Rodman shoes for all of high school. This movie makes me question my frame of mind back then because Dane Cook and he are horrible actors.

             Guardians of the Galaxy (Directed by James Gunn) This movie made me feel the same way I did when I first saw Iron Man. Seeing a whole new world with endless adventures created right before my eyes. I was in complete awe.

Days Watched: 214
Movies Watched: 386

No comments:

Post a Comment