Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 26

Watched a great film this week and then to counter that I ended up watching a couple duds.

Below are my movies of the week:

June 22
              Less Than Zero (Directed by Marek Kanievska) Besides being very confusing the one thing I couldn't get over were the televisions in this movie. Everyone has these ultra modern apartments with lots of fancy stuff, yet they still rock the old black and white televisions.

              Anger Management (Directed by Peter Segal) This movie started the downward trend of Adam Sandler movies for me. It had some funny parts but overall it was stupid.

              John Leguizamo's Ghetto Klown (Directed by Fisher Stevens) Very funny comedy special about John's career ups and downs. I forgot how many different characters he has played.

June 23
              Forever Young (Directed by Steve Miner) The scene in the library with Mel Gibson using the microfilm machine made me feel very dated. My office still uses a microfilm machine on an almost daily basis.

              How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Directed by Dean DeBlois) This is one of the best movies I have seen all year. Halfway through the movie I knew I wanted to go see it again. I loved the first Dragon movie and this one is right up there.

June 24
              The Reunion (Directed by Michael Pavone) Surprisingly this was one of the better WWE Studio movies they have released. The story was fun and the characters all had their own funny quirks.

June 25
              Dolphin Tale (Directed by Charles Martin Smith) Fun and heartwarming movie about an injured Dolphin that while getting a little help to repair her fin, brings an entire community and families together.

June 26
              Underdogs (Directed by Doug Dearth) This isn't the best sports themed movie i have watched this year but it was still enjoyable. Of course it was a bit predictable in parts, but it still kept me interested throughout the entire movie.

June 27
              John Carter (Directed by Andrew Stanton) Wow is this movie bad. The only enjoyable part was the last 5-10 minutes. The rest of the movie was over the top special effects that didn't help tell a story in my opinion.

June 28
              Daddy Day Care (Directed by Steve Carr) This family movie starring Eddie Murphy is beyond goofy but for some reason I really enjoy watching it. I always end up laughing at different parts.

              Along Came a Spider (Directed by Lee Tamahori) Very entertaining thriller based on the Alex Cross book series. I will admit I did not see the final twist coming, it did surprise me.

              Life (Directed by Ted Demme) I remember originally seeing this movie in the theater with my dad. I don't remember the language being as strong back then but it might have been because I was laughing too much.

Days Watched: 179
Movies Watched: 317

No comments:

Post a Comment