Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 29

This week included a good variety of movies. Finally got to watch a WWE documentary I have been wanting to see.

Below are my movies of the week:

July 13
            Free Birds (Directed by Jimmy Hayward) I know I am not a child but I can't believe that kids actually enjoyed this movie.

            I, Frankenstein (Directed by Stuart Beattie) This is quite the shitty movie. This is what we get instead of a new Underworld movie? I didn't understand what was going on most of the time.

            Apollo 13 (Directed by Ron Howard) Little Opie Taylor really knows how to direct movies based on true events. He delivers enough nostalgic moments while telling an interesting story.

            Snowpiercer (Directed by Joon-ho Bong) This is one of those movies that I would have passed on if I hadn't heard about it from some friends. It is a very good movie with lots of action and an intriguing story. The end was my least favorite part but the movie as a whole was very good.

            The Attitude Era (Directed by Kevin Dunn) I have been a fan of the WWF/WWE since I was a very little kid. When I was a teenager my interest wasn't as much, but once the Attitude Era with Steve Austin, DX, Mick Foley and The Rock kicked off I was back in full force.

July 14
            You Don't Know Bo: The Legend of Bo Jackson (Directed by Michael Bonfiglio) I will always remember that Bo Jackson was my brothers favorite athlete while he was growing up. I learned a lot about Bo Jackson has his early playing days in this documentary. I never knew that Tampa Bay drafted him initially and that he refused to play for them after they ended his college baseball career.

July 15
            The Big Year (Directed by David Frankel) This is still one of my quiet favorites from the last few years. It isn't a big blockbuster but it tells a good story from three different perspectives.

July 16
            Delivery Man (Directed by Ken Scott) This movie was very stupid but surprisingly it still made me laugh more than once. Chris Pratt had more than a few funny moments,

July 17
            The Crow (Directed by Alex Proyas) I am sure this movie will be remade in the next 5-7 years because technology has come a long way from when it was originally released.

July 18
            Metallica: Through the Never (Directed by Nimród Antal) I am not a big fan of Metallica, but I do know most of their hits. This was an interesting take on a concert movie.

July 19
            The Paper (Directed by Ron Howard) This movie has quite the ensemble cast. I wonder how many people that have worked for newspapers over the years have wanted to shout "Stop the Presses" and actually got to stop them then.

            Sunshine (Directed by Danny Boyle) It took me a little bit to figure out what was going on in this movie. Once I started getting in to it, it progressed nicely. The ending was a bit predictable though.

            Rio (Directed by Carlos Saldanha) This is a fun animated film that feels like a musical at times.

Days Watched: 200
Movies Watched: 353

No comments:

Post a Comment