Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 28

Good week filled with movies. I watched one of my all time favorites for the first time this week too.

Below are my movies of the week:

July 6
            Crimson Tide (Directed by Tony Scott) This movie is filled with tension from beginning to end. Denzel & Gene make a great competing pair.

            Zombieland (Directed by Ruben Fleischer) I wish the Amazon original series would have worked out to see where these characters go.

            Field of Dreams (Directed by Phil Alden Robinson) This was one of the first sports movies I ever remember watching. I still enjoy it just as much today as I did when I was a kid.

July 7
            Step Up Revolution (Directed by Scott Speer) At this point in the series the plot of the movie doesn't mater. The dance scenes are the only reason I still watch.

            The Karate Kid (Directed by John G. Avildsen) I had forgotten how long this movie was. It really isn't that long but it had been so long since I last saw it that I forgot how much goes on in the movie before he actually learns karate.

July 8
            Dead Man on Campus (Directed by Alan Cohn) In a way this is what I had hoped Saved by the Bell: The College Years would have been like, instead of what we were actually given.

July 9
            Adventures in Babysitting (Directed by Chris Columbus) Long before Marvel gave us a Thor movie, we were given Thor in the form of a tow truck driver. Fast forward 27 years and the same actor who played Thor is set to play the Kingpin in the Daredevil series for Netflix.

July 10
            Ocean's Eleven (Directed by Steven Soderbergh) Still one of my favorite movies of all time. I am surprised I held out on watching it for the first six months of the year.

July 11
            Double Jeopardy (Directed by Bruce Beresford) Following The Fugitive and U.S. Marshals I think Tommy Lee Jones was starting to be typecast a bit. Thankfully this movie was a new role for him. Oh wait, it really wasn't, oops.

July 12
            Robots (Directed by Chris Wedge & Carlos Saldanha) This might be a bit of a shocker but even in animated form, Robin Williams was a bit over the top in this movie.

            Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Directed by Matt Reeves) This is one of the best movies to come out this summer. The story was thought provoking but what really put it over the stop was the motion capture for the apes. I do not understand how Andy Serkis does not have an Oscar yet.

            Warrior (Directed by Gavin O'Connor) The end of this movie always gets to me. For most of the movie everyone is super tough but at the very end the last moments in the final fight and what is said just about does me in.

Days Watched: 193
Movies Watched: 340

No comments:

Post a Comment