Stream

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Daily Special: Week 33

This week included one of the original members of the Walking Dead club. Long Live Bernie!

Below are my movies of the week:

August 10
             The Long Kiss Goodnight (Directed by Renny Harlin) This was a pretty good action thriller. It felt a bit low budget but then it added in some crazy over the top explosions late in the movie.

             Muppets Most Wanted (Directed by James Bobin) I really wanted to like this movie. I liked the last Muppets movie but this one didn't bring anything new or exciting. I was bummed because I usually really like Tina and Ricky.

             Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Directed by Chris Columbus) I remember buying this movie on DVD after it first came out and that is how I learned about Harry Potter. At that point I didn't know it was a book series. Since then I have read all of the books a couple times and enjoyed the adventures they took me on. Columbus did a very good job of taking the book and putting it up on screen.

August 11
             Primal Fear (Directed by Gregory Hoblit) This was my introduction to Ed Norton and boy did it make an impact. Both of his split personality characters were unique in their own way and I liked that his transition between the two of them were so smooth.

August 12
             Race to Witch Mountain (Directed by Andy Fickman) What can I say, if the Rock is starring in a movie then I am going to watch it. This remake was not one I thought to be high on the priority list, but it was still fun.

August 13
             The Fisher King (Directed by Terry Gilliam) My friend John posted a quote from this movie after Robin Williams died and within a few minutes I came across it on Netflix. Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges were a great team in this movie

August 14
             Weekend at Bernie's (Directed by Ted Kotcheff) One more movie to add to the crazy characters from the 80's list. You would think this was a one and done movie but nope, they even made a sequel.

August 15
             Enemy of the State (Directed by Tony Scott) I have lost count on how many times I have watched this movie. Yet every time I watch it I feel like I am watching it for the first time, I get that in to it.

August 16
             The Substitute 4: Failure Is Not an Option (Directed by Robert Radler) It took less than two minutes to laugh at the toy-like gun bending when someone jumps and hits the gun hard. The Substitute series has officially hit the bottom.

             The Expendables 3 (Directed by Patrick Hughes) Watching this movie I got the feeling that they cut a lot of what was originally shot. I know they had to make it PG-13 but there were still a lot of plot holes. Mel Gibson was the best villain of the trilogy though.

             Locke (Directed by Steven Knight) You know you are a fan of an actor when you will watch him drive a car for 90 minutes by himself while he makes phone calls. You know a movie is good when after said 90 minutes you want to watch more.

Days Watched: 228
Movies Watched: 413

No comments:

Post a Comment