Stream

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Daily Special: Week 13

Only one of my week thirteen movies was made within the last eight years. I didn't watch anything too painful this week, except for a movie with Bruce Willis as a baby with an inner monologue.

Below are my movies of the week:

March 23
               Footloose (Directed by Herbert Ross) Thanks to Kevin Bacon's performance on the Tonight Show I had to watch this movie for the first time in years. I can't believe that back in the 80's there were towns that banned the smallest things like playing music loud and had book burnings.

               Moneyball (Directed by Bennett Miller) I have made it known on more than one occasion how I feel about sports themed movies. Add in the true story aspect and one of my favorite actors and I am definitely going to enjoy it.

               Timecop (Directed by Peter Hyams) I like the concept of this JCVD movie but it was just poorly executed. The other thing I couldn't get over was the fact that personal vehicles for people looked like tanks.

March 24
               Dude, Where's My Car? (Directed by Danny Leiner) Dude, where is a mindless movie to watch? This was just the mindless stupidity that I needed after a long day at work.

March 25
               50 First Dates (Directed by Peter Segal) It is hard not to enjoy a movie with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. They have great chemistry together and the stories are usually very enjoyable.

March 26
               Blast from the Past (Directed by Hugh Wilson) This movie is goofy but it also has some good messages mixed in with it. My crush on Alicia Silverstone was re-ignited after seeing her in this movie too.

March 27
               Look Who's Talking (Directed by Amy Heckerling) This was the first thing that displayed when I logged in to Netflix and since I wasn't sure what I wanted to watch I went with this. It is still as stupid as I remember it was years ago.

March 28
               Fly Away Home (Directed by Carroll Ballard) My feel good family movie of the week. The plot of this movie is very heartwarming and hard not to enjoy. It is hard to believe that the little girl helping geese fly south for the winter became Sookie Stackhouse on True Blood.

March 29
               Cobra (Directed by George P. Cosmatos) This might be one of the worst Stallon action movies I have seen. I don't mind ultra-violence but I need a bit of story to go along with it.

               The Perfect Storm (Directed by Wolfgang Petersen) I remember seeing this movie when it originally came out not knowing the outcome of the ship or its crew. If I was to become a fisherman I would want to be on a crew with all of the actors that make up the Andrea Gail's crew.

               Zathura: A Space Adventure (Directed by Jon Favreau) Had someone told me that this movie was 'Jumanji in Space' I would have watched it years ago. It didn't have the craziness of Robin Williams but Dax Shepard was a good replacement.

Days Watched: 88
Movies Watched: 150

No comments:

Post a Comment