Stream

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Daily Special: Week 9

Two months down and going strong. This week I experienced the best and worst in Animated comic book movies. Shame on you Marvel! Another week of all movie challenge originals.

Below are my movies of the week:
February 23
               Behind Enemy Lines (Directed by John Moore) I have never really thought of Owen Wilson as an action star; this movie proves he has it in him. Gene Hackman is my favorite character in the movie and his performance reminded me of his character in Crimson Tide.

               I, Robot (Directed by Alex Proyas) This is one of my favorite Will Smith movies. I like the action and I am a tech junkie so all the gadgets are cool to see and I wish I could have. Early Shia LaBeouf sighting, yep still annoying back then.

               Twister (Directed by Jan de Bont) I enjoy this movie for the ridiculous action and also because of Philip Seymour Hoffman's character. He is my favorite character in the movie. The action scenes are a little over the top especially when you use a belt to save you from an F5 tornado. During this viewing I noticed that not many people live in Oklahoma nor do they drive on roads, the place looked just about abandoned.

February 24
               Justice League: War (Directed by Jay Oliva) This DC animated feature is based on the "New 52" Universe started a few years ago. DC is still on top when it comes to animated features when compared to Marvel. It sounded like most of the characters were voiced by new actors this time too.

February 25
               Clueless (Directed by Amy Heckerling) Having been born in the early 80's I was a bit young to really get in to The Breakfast Club when it first came out. This however I could get in to and can still quote to this day. My favorite characters were the ones played by Breckin Meyer and Donald Faison.

February 26
               Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United (Directed by Eric Radomski & Leo Riley) Marvel's animated feature division is embarrassingly BAD. This movie proves just that. When did The Hulk become a total over the top childish character? This movie was so hard to finish.

February 27
               License to Drive (Directed by Greg Beeman) I am a bit confused about what made the Corey's so popular back in the 80's. One is annoying and the other is very annoying. I remember laughing at this movie as a kid but now I find it completely stupid.

February 28
               Moon (Directed by Duncan Jones) My friend Sarah has been telling me to watch this movie for a few years now. Sam Rockwell was great like he usually is and the music for the movie made it that much better. The twist was a bit predictable but I like how it played out in the end.

Movies watched in 28 of 28 Days. 47 Total Movies in February

March 1
               Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Directed by Steven Spielberg) Indiana Jones is always a fun character to watch. I don't enjoy this prequel as much as Raiders of the Lost Ark but it is still ten times better than Crystal Skull. I wish the kid playing Short Round would have done more after this movie besides The Goonies and the TV show Head of the Class.

               Bedazzled (Directed by Harold Ramis) I didn't realize that this was a Harold Ramis movie until the other day. I have had this on my watchlist on Amazon Prime for a while and thought it was time to watch it. It was directed by a great man who touched the lives of many people. The main character is the super cheesy type that I find uncomfortable to watch at times.

               Planet Terror (Directed by Robert Rodriguez) My favorite movie in the Grindhosue Double Feature from Rodriguez and Tarrantino. A lot of the regular cast of people from Rodriguez's other movies are present. I really want to know how Rose McGowan’s Cherry Darling was pulling the trigger on her leg stump gun.

               Death Proof (Directed by Quentin Tarantino) This might be my least favorite Tarrantino movie. I found it to be very boring. I am usually a big Kurt Russell fan but this movie moved too slow for me to get in to it. I am really not sure the purpose of the first half of the movie.

Days Watched: 60
Movies Watched: 99

No comments:

Post a Comment