Stream

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Daily Special: Week 12

After going back to work during week twelve I missed not being able to watch a movie whenever I wanted. Most of the movies I watched this week were enjoyable. I also wrapped up the Twilight series with my friend, that was painful.

Below are my movies of the week:

March 16
               Panic Room (Directed by David Fincher) Pretty good suspense thriller. Hard to believe the daughter in this movie would grow up to marry a vampire. I had totally forgotten that Jared Leto was in this movie.

               School Ties (Directed by Robert Mandel) I have watched this movie every few years since it originally came out. It is hard to believe how many actors in it have gone on to have long lasting careers. Pretty sure this is the first time Matt and Ben appeared in a Hollywood movie together.

March 17
               Requiem for the Big East (Directed by Ezra Edelman) The latest 30 for 30 documentary looked at the formation of the NCAA's Big East Conference. It was interesting to see how the conference came about and how it has changed over the years. I had no idea Jim Boeheim had been the head coach for Syracuse since 1976.

March 18
               Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Directed by Cody Cameron & Kris Pearn) Not as good as the original but still very creative and fun. My favorite part was seeing all the different food animal creations and their names.

March 19
               Need for Speed (Directed by Scott Waugh) Overall plot was stupid with a number of holes but the driving scenes more than made up for the plot problems. The car scenes were all real. No CGI was needed.

March 20
               Joe Dirt (Directed by Dennie Gordon) This is one of my favorite quotable movies to enjoy over and over again. The story is ridiculous but it is also very fun. Which watching I enjoyed a fun quote throwdown with my friend Eric via Facebook.

March 21
               Veronica Mars (Directed by Rob Thomas) I remember when this TV show was originally on. I didn't watch but a handful of episodes but I was very interested in this movie when it originally launched its Kickstarter campaign last year. For not having watched much of the show I really enjoyed the movie. It had little 'Easter Egg' moments for fans of the show but overall it was a movie that someone never introduced to the show could enjoy.

March 22
               Zoom (Directed by Peter Hewitt) I grew up watching Home Improvement on a weekly basis. I became a big fan of Tim Allen and while most of his movies might be a bit on the cheesy side I still get a laugh out of them at least a bit.

               The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Directed by David Slade) Oh the tough decisions a young girl must make when she is in love with a Vampire and a Werewolf. I am totally not sure why everyone was looking to protect Bella. I'd rather take the side of the fiery redhead.

               The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (Directed by Bill Condon) Thank goodness they got married. It is important that recent high school graduates get married soon after graduation. Without being married how else can they truly live? Is that too much sarcasm? Ok, I didn't think so.

               The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (Directed by Bill Condon) It is finally over! I will no longer have to watch another Twilight movie for as long as I live. I would have thought that by the fifth movie they would have figured out how to use special effects, that baby sure didn't look real to me.

Days Watched: 81
Movies Watched: 139

No comments:

Post a Comment