Stream

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Daily Special: Week 10

Week ten was the unofficial week of Matthew Lillard and new Netflix addition movies. I ended up watching three movies with Matthew Lillard and another three movies just added to Netflix streaming this week. I am off from work for the next week so we'll see how many movies I can fit in before going back to work.

Below are my movies of the week:

March 2
               Drive (Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn) Really good action movie that instead of relying on lots of CGI and special effects instead tells a strong story with the help of a very strong cast.

               Airborne (Directed by Rob Bowman) I am not totally sure why I like this movie except for maybe the fact that Seth Green is in it. The addition of a young Jack Black is also a plus for the movie.

               Surf Ninjas (Directed by Neal Israel) I remember seeing this movie in theaters with my brother and my cousin when we were kids. After the movie we of course had to pretend we were surf ninjas.

March 3
               Scream (Directed by Wes Craven) Over the top cheesy and corny but still fun. Randy the horror movie buff is of course my favorite. I am not good with horror trivia but I can channel my inner Randy from time to time.

March 4
               Ghostbusters II (Directed by Ivan Reitman) Thank you Netflix for adding this to your streaming library. Not as good as the first one, but still a lot of fun to watch. I forgot how much I liked this movie.

March 5
               Wild Things (Directed by John McNaughton        ) Another recent Netflix addition. I remember when this movie came out in theaters. I worked at the local AMC and this was the movie that most of the guys would go and watch from the entryway in between theater cleanings. One of our managers would even check in on us.

March 6
               Grind (Directed by Casey La Scala) Adam Brody and Extreme Sports is a movie I will most definitely watch. Add in the beautiful Jennifer Morrison and well I could watch this movie over and over again.

March 7
               Hackers (Directed by Iain Softley) I remember loving this movie after the first time I saw it. I still really enjoy it to this day, but mainly for the humor. The cast of the movie is pretty badass though.

               Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Directed by Dave Filoni) Decided to watch this after I saw that the entire Clone Wars series was now available on Netflix. The animation is pretty good and the story was more enjoyable than a good chunk of Episodes 1-3.

March 8
               Daybreakers (Directed by Michael Spierig & Peter Spierig) Interesting take on vampire movies. Not usually an Ethan Hawke fan but Sam Neill & Willem Dafoe more than make up for his awkward delivery.

               She's All That (Directed by Robert Iscove) I am so confused after watching this movie. Where was I during the professional grade dance routine during my junior and senior proms? I must have missed the planning meeting for it my junior year when we coordinated everything else for the prom. Also, not sure how I ended up watching three Matthew Lillard movies this week.

Days Watched: 67
Movies Watched: 110

No comments:

Post a Comment