Stream

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Daily Special: Week 14

Week fourteen included some fun and intense movies. New Captain America was amazing and Cheap Thrills recommended to me by my friend John is still on my mind almost a week later. 

Below are my movies of the week:

March 30
               Bad Words (Directed by Jason Bateman) This is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. It is funny for all the wrong reasons but it does make me wish I could turn off my filter at times when talking to some people.

               Magic Mike (Directed by Steven Soderbergh) After being on my DVR for almost an entire year I finally got around to watching this movie. For some reason I didn't think it would be as good as it turned out to be. I have been a big fan of Soderbergh since the Ocean's trilogy and he didn't disappoint here.

               Zodiac (Directed by David Fincher) I really enjoy investigative thrillers like this movie. The entire cast was also fun to watch as they interacted with one another. I never knew much about the Zodiac killer until I was in my late teens and early twenty's.

March 31
               Doctor Dolittle (Directed by Betty Thomas) I am ashamed to admit that this was the first thing I found on HBO Go that caught my interest so I had to watch it. I don't know why. It is a stupid movie but for some reason my brain decided that it had to be watched.

               Cheap Thrills (Directed by E.L. Katz) This movie is crazy and I am sure will give me nightmares in the near future. the ending was predictable but how they get to it is a fun adventure. My friend John kept telling me to watch this for 2-3 weeks.

Movies watched in 31 of 31 Days. 60 Total Movies in March

April 1
               Stripes (Directed by Ivan Reitman) Thank you Netflix for adding this movie to your streaming service. I have been looking for my DVD copy since Harold Ramis passed away with no luck. There are so many fun moments throughout this movie and I never get tired of watching it.

April 2
               Predator (Directed by John McTiernan) Not nearly as creepy as the first Alien movie but this movie makes up for it with being so intense. The different characters and their mannerisms are hilarious to watch, especially Jesse Ventura.

April 3
               After the Sunset (Directed by Brett Ratner) This is a fun little crime caper made that much more enjoyable by Salma Hayek. Pierce Brosnan and Woody Harrelson play really well off one another. At times it was a little hard to keep track of who was the good guy and who was the bad guy.

April 4
               xXx: State of the Union (Directed by Lee Tamahori) This sequel was not nearly as fun as the original. I usually enjoy Ice Cube but I just didn't fully buy him as XXX. Vin Diesel was definitely a better XXX. I’m still hoping they give us another sequel with Vin again.

               nWo: The Revolution (Directed by Kevin Dunn) This is the first documentary that I have watched on WWE Network but it won't be the last one for sure. I remember when the N.W.O. first got started and how it changed professional wrestling forever.

               Space Jam (Directed by Joe Pytka) When they announced Space Jam 2 a month or so ago I was very scared. Space Jam is a classic from my childhood and making a sequel with LeBron James is not something I want to ever see. Thankfully this movie is still enjoyable even though I am much older now.

April 5
               Captain America: The Winter Soldier     (Directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo) This movie is proof that Marvel knows exactly what they are doing with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was just over two hours long and I would have enjoyed another hour without hesitation.

               A League of Their Own (Directed by Penny Marshall) Had I been able to fit another movie in to my Tom Hanks movie marathon last Thanksgiving it would have been this one. When I saw it was available on Netflix I knew I had to watch it as soon as possible.

               21 (Directed by Robert Luketic) This movie was predictable from beginning to end. I like the cast but I was really hoping for a twist or turn at least once. Sadly it went straight from the book the entire time which was disappointing.

Days Watched: 95
Movies Watched: 164

No comments:

Post a Comment