Stream

Sunday, December 22, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 51

Just one more full week to go. I will hold off on my final update until January 1, 2014.

Below are my movies of the week:

December 15
               The Core (Directed by Jon Amiel) The earth's core needs to needs to get back in rotation or else we all die. Yes that was the concept for this bad movie. There is not much to like about this movie, even the cast. This is one movie I will not be watching again, EVER!

               Vantage Point (Directed by Pete Travis) Pretty good movie that showed the same events from multiple points of view leading up to the big reveal of all events in order. The plot was helped along by a strong overall cast. It reminded me a bit of Memento which is one of my favorite movies.

December 16
               Clerks (Directed by Kevin Smith) This is where my love for Kevin Smith and his movies began. I don’t really have much else to say besides I am glad to watched this movie for the first time so many years ago.

December 17
               The Social Network (Directed by David Fincher) From top to bottom this is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. The story, the characters, the writing and the music are all top notch. The soundtrack to this movie is one of my Top 5 albums of all-time.

December 18
               Half Baked (Directed by Tamra Davis) Meh I was bored watching this movie. I don't know if it is because I wasn't in the right frame of mind or if I just didn't enjoy it. It has been probably 5+ years since I last watched it.

December 20
               Jaws (Directed by Steven Spielberg) I remember being scared watching this as a child. I spent most of the time with my eyes closed. Now when I watch it I wonder what made me so scared. All these years later it is still a fun movie to watch. The conversation between Brody, Quint and Hooper on the boat about their pasts was very interesting and added some good depth to the characters.

               Dogma (Directed by Kevin Smith) The first time I saw this movie was shortly after it was released in theaters. It was an afternoon showing after I got out of class and there were only 15-20 people in the theater with me. Shortly after the introduction of Buddy Christ 4 people in the theater got up in a hurry and stormed out. I got a good laugh out of seeing them leave and by the end of the movie I thought that it was probably a good idea they left early because they would have been pissed with what they saw the rest of the movie.

               American Hustle (Directed by David O. Russell) One of the best movies I have seen this year. David O. Russell likes to make long movies but also knows how to make great movies. His last three movies have all been homeruns in my book. The cast in this movie might be one of the best that I have seen in a long time.

               Elf (Directed by Jon Favreau) A recent Christmas classic that I added to my yearly watching list. In recent years I have had trouble watching Will Ferrell because the humor is too awkward for me and I just don't enjoy watching it. This movie though is not like that. Yes it is stupid humor but it is still enjoyable stupid humor.

December 21
               The Legend of Bagger Vance (Directed by Robert Redford       ) I remember when I saw this was playing on TV a few months ago that I decided to record it. Well, I finally found it still on my DVR and gave it a watch after having not seen it for a few years. I am a fan of Matt Damon and Will Smith and this movie is a very good collaboration of the two actors. It is a sports, primarily golf, themed movie so you know I am in from the get go.

               Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (Directed by Jalmari Helander) Watched this movie based on a suggestion from my friend Rooster and while it is a bit weird I still enjoyed it. The truth behind the "real" Santa Claus is revealed and actions need to be taken to stop him. There are a number of fun twists late in the movie which increased my enjoyment level.

Movies Watched: 552
Movies To Go for 2.0: 0

Bonus Movies Watched: 52

No comments:

Post a Comment