Stream

Friday, December 20, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 50

Now that week fifty is over I am growing a bit sad that my year of movie watching is almost over. I am now in the process of trying to find a new media challenge for next year.

Below are my movies of the week:

December 8
               We Are Marshall (Directed by McG) This movie based on the aftermath of the horrible plane crash that killed most of the Marshall football team is very emotional on many levels. Seeing how the college town reacts and comes together to support the continuation of the football program is very heartwarming. My favorite part of the movie is while watching game tape of West Virginia Matthew McConaughey and Matthew Fox spot a tribute on the WVU football helmet in remembrance of their rival school.

December 9
               Law Abiding Citizen (Directed by F. Gary Gray) This is a very intense movie with lots of twists throughout. While most of it is hard to believe it is still a lot of fun to watch waiting to see what happens next. Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler both turn in solid performances.

December 10
               Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (Directed by Geoff Murphy) This had been on my DVR since I watched the first Under Siege. I wasn't too excited about watching it but after being sick for a week and work being busy I decided to watch it while doing stuff around the house. Boring and stupid are the best words to describe this movie.

December 11
               Spawn (Directed by Mark A.Z. DippĂ©) I remember my dad taking me to see this when it first came out and I thought it was amazing. That was back when I was a bit of an idiot. This movie is 3 steps past bad and 1 door down from unwatchable. I like the comic and the HBO animated series but this is nothing like that and gives the franchise a bad name.

December 12
               Yes Man (Directed by Peyton Reed) Though this movie reminded me a bit Liar Liar but it is still enjoyable. Fun one liners and Zoey is absolutely lovely make this movie one I watch every year or so. I think this was the last Jim Carrey movie that I enjoyed from beginning to end.

               Toy Soldiers (Directed by Daniel Petrie Jr. ) Another childhood favorite featuring Sean Astin and Wil Wheaton. The concept of this movie is similar to other hostage oriented ones but I really liked this growing up because it was the kids that did all the cool work to save others and escape. The prank played on the headmaster early in the movie was also very creative and I wish I was creative enough to think of something like that.

December 13
               Scrooged (Directed by Richard Donner) My Christmas movie watching officially kicked off with this classic starring Bill Murray. I have watched this movie every year or so dating back to childhood and though it is a bit dated it is still enjoyable to watch every single time.

December 14
               Grumpy Old Men (Directed by Donald Petrie) No matter how many times I watch this movie it always makes me laugh. Yes at times it is a bit sexist but overall it is very funny. Jack and Walter play off one another so well. This was my main introduction to both great actors.

               TRON (Directed by Steven Lisberger) While watching this movie I compared it to the original Atari. It is very bland with the special effects and storyline. I can see why Disney wanted to prevent this from being sold prior to Legacy being released a few years ago.

               TRON: Legacy (Directed by Joseph Kosinski) If TRON is like the original Atari then TRON: Legacy is easily a PS3. It is amazing how far special effects and writing has come in 28 years for this sequel in the series. I would gladly watch at least one more sequel if it resembled this one visually.

Movies Watched: 541
Movies To Go for 2.0: 0
Bonus Movies Watched: 41

No comments:

Post a Comment