Stream

Friday, December 13, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 49

I spent most of week forty-nine sick so most of my movie watching was done in bed or while on the couch under a bunch of blankets. Just a few more weeks to go in 2013

Below are my movies of the week:

December 2
               Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Directed by Mark Neveldine & Brian Taylor) The plot to this movie reminded me of Drive Angry a bit but without Amber Heard and the R rating. I did enjoy this movie because of the action and special effects. Idris Elba was also in it and I have become a big fan of him over the past year.

December 3
               Riddick (Directed by David Twohy) This movie was very slow to get going. I had hoped for more after waiting nine years since Chronicles of Riddick but I am glad we got something in the end. I really enjoy the character of Riddick but this movie was just not very memorable in the end.

December 4
               Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Directed by Michael Bay) I really like the Transformer movie series. The kid still in me gets excited hearing the sound effects of a Transformer and seeing them transform on the screen. Having said that, this movie is not very good. the story felt thrown together and the jokes mixed in were not funny. Even watching this movie with a fever did not make it very enjoyable.

               The Day of the Doctor (Directed by Nick Hurran) I am not a huge Dr. Who fan but I have enjoyed watching it off and on the last year or two. This special TV movie brought together multiple Doctors trying to save lives across multiple timelines. I might have to watch some more Dr. Who.

               Remember the Titans (Directed by Boaz Yakin) Yep this was another sports movie based in truth. Though I have watched it a half dozen times over the years I still get excited when the team comes together at multiple times during the movie.

December 5
               Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Directed by Michael Bay) After the dud that was Revenge of the Fallen I was worried that this might be more of the same, but I was wrong. This movie was more like the first in the series with a fun storyline and good action scenes. The one thing I could have done without was Sam's new girlfriend. Her character was a bit annoying and at the end of the movie after Chicago has almost been destroyed and everyone is covered in dirt and rubble, she is still looking perfect in her high heels and white dress.

               The Benchwarmers (Directed by Dennis Dugan) Even being sick with a fever couldn't make this movie enjoyable. I remember liking it when it first came out but now I found it boring. I think it might have actually made my fever worse.

December 6
               Escape from New York (Directed by John Carpenter) I don't remember the last time I saw this movie but I was bored during this viewing. I enjoyed it more than its sequel that I watched earlier this year but I still didn't enjoy it very much.

December 7
               Space Cowboys (Directed by Clint Eastwood) Saw this was playing on AMC a few weeks ago so I decided to record it. Fun movie about 4 retired military men that get a chance to go in to space to fix a failing satellite. I could care less about the stuff that happened in space during the movie. The best parts were them trying to pass tests to qualify and the banter back and forth between the old guys and the youngsters.

               Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (Directed by Thor Freudenthal) I really like this book series. I got through all the books in just a few weeks a couple years ago. Though the movies don't exactly follow the books I still enjoy watching them. If you haven't read the books they are easy to get in to and enjoy.

Movies Watched: 531
Movies To Go for 2.0: 0
Bonus Movies Watched: 31

No comments:

Post a Comment