Stream

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 47

Week forty-seven included movie number 500 for the year. When I first started this challenge I was unsure if I would even hit my original goal of 365.

Below are my movies of the week:

November 17
               Nitro Circus: The Movie (Directed by Gregg Godfrey & Jeremy Rawle) This was a fun movie to watch. It reminded me of X-Games meets Jackass. The stunts pulled in this movie are crazy and the crew is pretty enjoyable to listen to as well. Some of them were funnier than others but it was still a lot of fun to watch. The interview clips from X Games athletes and Hollywood stars were a nice addition to the movie.

               Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Directed by Jay Roach) When my brother and I were growing up this was one of his favorite movies. He watched it so many times I am pretty sure he could recite the movie verbatim without any trouble. It has been at least 7 years since I last watched it and I still found myself laughing throughout. Some of the jokes feel dated and aren't as funny but overall it is still an enjoyable movie.
  
November 18
               What Women Want (Directed by Nancy Meyers) I remember liking this movie when it first came out but now I just find it boring and very cliché. Even the one-liners I previously laughed at didn't do anything for me.

 November 20
               The Beaver (Directed by Jodie Foster) Just last week I referenced this movie in a joke to a friend and they told me that they really liked this movie. Having never watched it I decided to give it a shot and I now realize I was completely wrong in my previous comments about this movie. This is a very good movie that shows the effects that mental illness have on people and also how it is handled differently by people. The casting was very strong and I especially enjoyed Anton Yelchin's performance. He and fellow co-star Jennifer Lawrence are two of my favorite young actors in Hollywood.

November 21
               Clerks II (Directed by Kevin Smith) I love this movie. Like other Kevin Smith creations it has little moments that make you laugh but at the same time make you yell at yourself for laughing at something so inappropriate. My introduction to Kevin Smith was Clerks and it was nice to see the old characters back on screen.

               Bernie and Ernie (Directed by Jason Hehir) This was an interesting ESPN 30 for 30 special about former Tennessee Volunteer teammates and later NBA stars Bernard King & Ernie Grunfeld. I knew nothing about these two guys before watching this documentary but it was very interesting to see how two people from the completely opposite side of the tracks became great teammates on the court and lifelong friends off the court.

November 22
               The Green Lantern (Directed by Martin Campbell) I picked this as movie 500 for the year because it reminds me of my grandmother. She passed away two and a half years ago and on that day I was at a loss of what to do. My mom told me to go see a movie because she said my grandma knew seeing movies made me happy and she would want me happy. So that day I decided to see The Green Lantern that just opened that day. The movie is not very good but that doesn't matter because it will always remind me of her and that puts a smile on my face.

November 23
               Back to the Future Part III (Directed by Robert Zemeckis) Growing up I really enjoyed Back to the Future Part I & II. Also, while growing up I tried to forget about Back to the Future III. This movie felt like it was put together following a night of drinking while watching a really cheesy western on TV.

               The Terminal (Directed by Steven Spielberg) I forgot this was a Steven Spielberg movie, for some reason I always thought it was from Robert Zemeckis. It isn't the best Spielberg has delivered but I still really enjoy this movie. I think that is because Tom Hanks is a great actor and even he can make a guy trapped in an airport for months exciting.

               Batman Returns (Directed by Tim Burton) I had forgotten how dark and weird this movie was, it is Tim Burton at his best. If you took out Batman as the hero of this movie it would still be very enjoyable because all the other characters have their own personalities that could help carry the movie.

Movies Watched: 503
Movies To Go for 2.0: 0
Bonus Movies Watched: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment