Stream

Sunday, November 3, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 44

I can't believe week forty-four is now in the books. The end of the year is right around the corner. 

Below are my movies of the week:

October 28
               Turbo (Directed by David Soren) Dreamworks has been on the rise for the last few years so hopefully this turd of a movie doesn't hurt them. I know animated movies are supposed to be imaginative and out of this world but how did this make it past the idea stage. Besides the plot the voice acting wasn't up to par either.

October 29
               Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (Directed by Eric Darnell & Tom McGrath & Conrad Vernon) After Turbo I decided to watch a Dreamworks movie that I did enjoy. One thing I like about all the Madagascar films is they all follow a single sub-plot but the main plot is always different and fun.

October 30
               This is What They Want (Directed by Brian Koppelman & David Levien) Growing up I liked watching Tennis from time to time. The big names when I was growing up were Agassi and Sampras. One pro that I always heard about was Jimmy Connors. This 30 for 30 about Connors historic U.S. Open run at the age of 38 was very interesting. I think it would have been very cool to be in the stands to watch Connors come from behind to win a number of his matches.

30 Different Movies Watched in October. 467 Movies in 304 Days

November 1
               Ass Backwards (Directed by Chris Nelson) This movie was so hard to finish. I watched it after hearing about it on a few podcasts and was looking forward to it. But, right from the start I was not enjoying it. It didn't make me laugh and the plot itself was very dull.

November 2
               Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (Directed by Jeff Tremaine) I am fairly certain I have watched almost everything to do with Jackass. I go back as far as the MTV show and even watched all the CKY Videos in college. The one bit that I was never a huge fan of was Bad Grandpa. All that changed after watching this movie. Knoxville, Jonze and Tremaine found a way to take a 30 second bit and turn it in to a 90 minute movie that while funny also told a good story. Bad Grandpa would not be as enjoyable as it was without Jackson Nicoll who played the role of Billy, the Bad Grandson. The solo scenes of Jackson talking to complete strangers and staying in character were some of my favorites.

               What Happens in Vegas (Directed by Tom Vaughn) This is a stupid movie and I don't like Kutcher or Diaz much but I like this movie because of Rob Corddry and Dennis Farina. Their timing and one-liners are what make the movie one that I can tolerate. Lake Bell also has some funny moments sprinkled throughout.

Movies Watched: 470
Movies To Go for 2.0: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment