Stream

Sunday, November 10, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 45

Week forty-five felt a lot like earlier this year when I could get through a bunch of movies. I am thinking I will be able to hit Challenge Goal 2.0 on or before Thanksgiving.

Below are my movies of the week:

November 3
               The Internship (Directed by Shawn Levy) I barely made it through the first half of this movie. The second half did provide me with some laughs but overall this movie was not good. Coming from a Google fanboy they didn't have to do this. Vaughn and Wilson should have stuck with Wedding Crashers as their team-up movie. Their humor feels dated in this movie.

               Four Days in October (Directed by Gary Waksman) With the Red Sox winning their third World Series in 9 years I figured it was time to watch this ESPN 30 for 30 about the 2004 ALCS when the Red Sox came back from down 3 games to none to beat the Yankees in 7 games. As long as you aren't a diehard Yankees fan this documentary is a lot of fun to watch. It is so easy to feel the excitement during Games 4 through 7.

               Resident Evil: Retribution (Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson) What makes each Resident Evil movie stand out from one another? I am pretty sure it is the subtitle because storyline wise I can't tell a difference at all.

November 4
               The Kings of Summer (Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts) The only press I saw for this movie was as pre-show entertainment at AMC Theaters. That was enough to get me to watch this movie and I am glad I did. It was a fun little movie about friends that are tired of their home life and want to venture out on their own. It is simple movies like this without lots of special effects that make me really enjoy my movie challenge this year.

November 6
               Under Siege (Directed by Andrew Davis) I remember that this was the first Steven Seagal movie I ever saw. All these years later there is nothing especially memorable about his movies but some are fun to sit back and watch, this is one of those. Ridiculous plot and characters make for an okay movie to have on in the background.

November 7
               Anaconda (Directed by Luis Llosa) Jon Voight is the man in this movie. I would gladly sit through two hours of just him and how he got to where he did in Anaconda. Other than that, this movie isn't very good.

November 8
               Jackass 2 (Directed by Jeff Tremaine) I realized earlier this week that this was the only Jackass film I had not yet watched this year. Like the other Jackass movies there are some stunts that are a bit uncomfortable to watch but then there are others that you want to watch over and over again. The last bit where the pranker was actually pranked might be one of the best in Jackass history.

               Exit Wounds (Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak) Steven Seagal meets Tom Arnold and DMX in this bad and cheesy action movie. Predictable from the get go but I do remember buying this soundtrack and enjoying it when it first came out.

November 9
               Thor: The Dark World (Directed by Alan Taylor) Marvel delivers another solid comic book movie. A lot more action compared to the first Thor movie but also more character development. Like Iron Man 3 it does a good job of explaining what hapopened after New York in Avengers. I know Thor will be in the next Avengers movie but I hope there is a third solo movie because the ending of this movie allows for a number of possibilities.

               Eight Legged Freaks (Directed by Ellory Elkayem) What did I just watch? I recorded this as part of AMC's Fear Fest and there was nothing to fear at all. Very very cheesy plot and acting to match make this one movie I regret watching. The only highlights of the movie were seeing Scarlett Johansson and Kari Wuhrer on-screen.

               Total Recall (2012) (Directed by Len Wiseman) Though I like the original better, I still enjoyed this remake. I like Colin Farrell as well as his two love interests in the movie. I liked that they decided to remake this movie using the content from the book and not a straight remake from the Arnold classic.

Movies Watched: 481
Movies To Go for 2.0: 19

No comments:

Post a Comment