Stream

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 43

Week forty-three saw me face one of my fears, scary movies. It also included a really good movie and a really really bad one.

Below are my movies of the week:

October 21
               The Pacifier (Directed by Adam Shankman) I don't care what others say but I really enjoy this movie. No it isn't a great story nor does it include amazing acting. It is just a fun movie that makes me laugh from beginning to end.  

October 22
               Friday the 13th (2009) (Directed by Marcus Nispel) This has to be one of the worst remakes I have ever seen. It was not scary at all and the plot in general was boring. Hollywood really needs to get over this PG-13 BS when it comes to scary movies.

October 23
               Big Shot (Directed by Kevin Connolly) I really enjoyed this ESPN 30 for 30 documentary about John Spano and the scam he pulled on the NHL that led to him being in control of the New York Islanders. I had wondered why major league sports take so long to approve a new owner for a team and this movie shows the reason why. To think that what truly brought Spano down in the end was him sending a fax from his banker from his own personal fax machine. I'm sorry Islander fans that you went through all this, but on the bright side you did get rid of that horrible cartoon-like fisherman logo finally.

October 25
               The Way Way Back (Directed by Nat Faxon & Jim Rash) I watched this based on a recommendation from my friend Lexi and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It was a very good story that reminded me a bit of Perks of Being a Wallflower that I watched earlier this year. If you are thinking this will be a comedy based on the cast I'm sorry to say you will be disappointed.

               The Conjouring (Directed by James Wan) It is a well known fact that I do not like scary movies and though I agreed to watch this with my girlfriend I was still scared. For the first half I was psyching myself out and my girlfriend had to ask me multiple times if I was okay and if I wanted to turn it off. I resisted the offer of turning it off and stuck with it. By the end of the film I found myself enjoying the movie and was glad to finish it.

October 26
               The Dotted Line (Directed by Morgan Spurlock) I was really hoping for more from this ESPN 30 for 30 about sports agents. The biggest problem I had with it was that the main agent being followed around was not high profile in the least. I did not recognize any of the names he was representing. I like Morgan's other documentaries but I thought this one was not up to his standards.

               R.I.P.D. (Directed by Robert Schwentke) If you thought the movie looked bad based on the previews you were dead on! 20 minutes in to this movie my dad and I both agreed there is no way that there should be a sequel for this really bad Men in Black rip-off. Take my word for it and avoid this movie. I don't know who I liked less whether it was Jeff Bridges or Ryan Reynolds.

Movies Watched: 464
Movies To Go for 2.0: 36

No comments:

Post a Comment