Stream

Saturday, October 12, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 40

Week forty included a few more movies compared to the week before but still a bit slow in comparison to earlier in the year. That is okay though as I am becoming a bit pickier when it comes to what movies I watch.

Below are my movies of the week:

September 30
               Night at the Museum (Directed by Shawn Levy) This is one of my favorite Ben Stiller movies. It has a creative storyline about how everything comes alive in the museum at night. The subplot about a few guys trying to steal the source of the power was okay but I would have enjoyed seeing a few hours of them focusing on the different museum sections coming to life. Ben Stiller does have some cheesy moments but it works in this film.

               Lethal Weapon 3 (Directed by Richard Donner) My Lethal Weapon watching has come to an end. While part 3 is my least favorite of the series it is still a fun movie. The comedy and action were there but the main storyline was a bit boring for the Lethal Weapon series.

               The Girl Next Door (Directed by Luke Greenfield) No matter what people say about Kim Bauer's character on 24, I still had a major crush on Elisha Cuthbert back when this movie came out. I laugh every time I watch this movie but not because of Elisha or leading man Emile Hirsch, The funny comes from the supporting cast mainly Chris Marquette and Timothy Olyphant.

35 Different Movies Watched in September. 437 Movies in 273 Days

October 1
               The Purge (Directed by James DeMonaco) I started watching this with my girlfriend one night but we had to stop because the movie is very disturbing. I decided to finish watching it a few days later and I have to say the second half is just as disturbing. I am not sure if so many people liked this movie because they know it will never happen but during the opening credits as they are showing security camera footage I got a bad feeling in my stomach as soon as I saw Westminster Colorado show up as one of the videos. That clip hit a little too close to home for me.

October 2
               Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Directed by Shawn Levy) This sequel is not nearly as fun as the original. A lot of the jokes are similar to the original. I like the history facts discussed throughout it but it doesn't make up for overall lame storyline. Also, Amy Adams looks nothing like 9News traffic reporter Amelia Earhart. I'm pretty sure only Colorado residents will understand that comment.

October 5
               Executive Decision (Directed by Stuart Baird) This is another movie that I remember watching with my dad numerous times while I was growing up. I was not a big fan of it early on but I grew to enjoy this terrorist hijack film more and more as I watched it with my dad. The movie features a pretty good list of Hollywood stars that were just coming up the ranks when this film was released.

               30 Little Big Men (Directed by Al Szymanski) This ESPN 30 for 30 documentary has been sitting in my Netflix queue for months now and I finally came across it again and decided to watch it. I was a newborn when the events featured in this film so I don't remember any of it. It is a very interesting look at a Little League team from Washington that shocked the Baseball world with their upset victory in the World Series. The film also looks at how fame can put pressure on a star athlete to perform even better while also making them a target for unwanted comments and threats.

Movies Watched: 441
Movies To Go for 2.0: 59

No comments:

Post a Comment