Stream

Monday, September 30, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 39

Week thirty-nine was the week of very few movies. After long days at work, most nights I didn't feel like watching a movie. Add that to the continuing trend of going out with my girlfriend and watching football this movie watching challenge is getting to be a bit tough. I will continue to stay strong in my journey to five hundred movies.

Below are my movies of the week:
September 25 
               The Book of Manning (Directed by Rory Karpf) When Peyton Manning first came to Denver last year I wasn't as excited as the majority of Colorado because I wasn't a big fan of him and I thought he was a bit of a showoff. Fast forward 18 months and through his actions on and off the field I have grown to like him. After watching this documentary by Rory Karpf, who is a great director and comedian, I wish I knew the Manning family personally because they are amazing. I had heard of Archie Manning before but I didn't know much about him otherwise. I can't even dislike Eli Manning anymore after watching this. If you have a chance to check this out do so.

September 27 
               Knucklehead (Directed by Michael W. Watkins) I will admit I was only paying half attention to this movie when I watched it. I was doing stuff around the house and just wanted something on in the background. What I did see of it I enjoyed, mainly because I have been a fan of Paul Wight since his days back in WCW and now WWE.

September 28 
               The Five-Year Engagement (Directed by Nicholas Stoller) I don't usually like romantic comedies but this movie is a lot of fun. Segel and Blunt play well off one another and Pratt is hilarious every time he is on the screen. The final proposal scene is my favorite part of the movie but it doesn't take away from all the enjoyable scenes throughout the film.

               The Heat (Directed by Paul Feig) This movie made me laugh, it did take until 90 minutes in to laugh but I laughed nonetheless. I like Sandra Bullock but I don't get the love everyone has for Melissa McCarthy. Her characters always seem to be the same kind and it isn't very funny. The movie itself wasn't bad but like I said, it only made me laugh once.

Movies Watched: 434
Movies To Go for 2.0: 66

No comments:

Post a Comment