Stream

Monday, September 16, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 37

Week thirty-seven was a bit quieter than usual when it comes to movies but that is because it is Football season and I was spending time with my girl. Both of those are great reasons to skip a couple movies, especially the latter. I did make sure to watch a Michael Keaton movie this week though.

Below are my movies of the week:
September 8
                The Great Outdoors (Directed by Howard Deutch) This use to be one of my favorites growing up. Dan Aykroyd and John Candy did a great job playing off one another. 25 years later the movie holds up pretty good in my opinion.

September 10
                Shrek (Directed by Andrew Adamson & Vicky Jenson) I love this animated film. It does a great job of mixing child and adult humor throughout while not going overboard. There are so many great one liners in the movie and the story is enjoyable too.

September 11
                Project X (Directed by Nima Nourizadeh) This movie is bad and shows what is wrong with the youth of America today. I was not popular enough to get invited to a lot of high school parties growing up but I am pretty sure none of them turned out like this. The only thing I like about this movie is the soundtrack. One thing that really sucks is I actually own this movie.

September 12
                Invincible (Directed by Ericson Core) Hmmm a sports movie based on a true story? You know I am already sold on it. Who doesn't like a story about a normal guy who defies the odds and makes something of himself? The lead and supporting cast of this movie help bring the characters to life.

September 13
                Armageddon (Extended Edition) (Directed by Michael Bay) Over the top Michael Bay with cheesy romantic storyline and a memorable song makes for a fun action flick. I think the supporting cast is better than Bruce and Ben. It also makes me miss Michael Clarke Duncan even more. He was always so much fun to watch.

                Chicken Little (Directed by Mark Dindal) Fun but forgotten animated film. The story is nothing too special but I enjoyed the animation and voice actors. It did have some funny one liners tossed in as well.

                Night Shift (Directed by Ron Howard) If I haven't said it before I will now, I withdraw my Michael Keaton popularity question that I posed a couple months ago. Though he wasn't the main star of this comedy about morgue attendants that become pimps, his character was hilarious pretty much every moment he is on screen.

September 14
                Leathal Weapon 2 (Directed by Richard Donner) Diplomatic Immunity doesn't mean shit when you cross Riggs and Murtaugh. This Richard Donner sequel was full of action right from the start. The addition of Joe Pesci was a nice touch to add a little more comedy.

                Blackfish (Directed by Gabriela Cowperthwaite) After watching this documentary I don't know if I ever want to go or could go to Sea World. This film contains a lot of interviews with former trainers and archive footage from park visitors. I originally thought this was going to be about how the killer whales are treated at Seas World but I was wrong. The film mainly focuses on a specific mall killer whale Tilikum that over the years has killed three people but still performs on a daily basis down in Florida.

Movies Watched: 424
Movies To Go for 2.0: 76

No comments:

Post a Comment