Stream

Saturday, September 28, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 38

Week thirty-eight was even quieter than the week before but for good reasons. It is a good thing that I already hit my initial goal because if I went at this pace all year I wouldn't have made it.

Below are my movies of the week:
September 16 
               Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (Directed by Eric Darnell & Tom McGrath) This is my favorite movie in the Madagascar series. The characters and voice actors help carry the movie along at a good pace. It also makes me laugh the most.

September 18 
               24: Redemption (Directed by Jon Cassar) To this day 24 is still one of my favorite shows of all time. This TV movie helped fill the gap between seasons when the writers strike shut down production. I cannot wait for the new mini season to start next spring.

September 19 
               Yellowbrickroad (Directed by Jesse Holland & Andy Mitton) This movie was recommended to me by my girlfriend and while it wasn't the best movie visually it was still a good movie because of how each of the characters broke down in their own way while lost. SPOILER ALERT:  Neither The Wizard or Elton John make an appearance.

September 20 
               Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Directed by Carlos Saldanha & Mike Thurmeier) My least favorite of the Ice Age series. This movie felt like they just made a sequel to make keep the series alive. It didn't feel as fun or creative as the first two movies in the series.
  
September 21 
               The Bling Ring (Directed by Sofia Coppola) This movie annoys me to a new level. The movie itself isn't the problem but the characters and the plot does. This movie is based on the real life Bling Ring from a few years ago when a much of stupid high school students decided to rob from celebrities. Though most the parents of the kids aren't in the movie that much I put a lot of blame on them for what their kids did. Leslie Mann’s role as one of the parents was especially disturbing.

               The Croods (Directed by Kirk De Micco & Chris Sanders) One of the best animated movies I have seen in a long time. The story was fun and the animation itself was really well done. The best part of the movie though has to be the actors voicing all the characters. Nic Cage was the perfect choice for the father role and the rest of the cast down to Clark Duke, who I am not a huge fan of, helped bring their characters to life.

Movies Watched: 430
Movies To Go for 2.0: 70

No comments:

Post a Comment