Stream

Sunday, July 7, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 27

Week twenty-seven included a nice long holiday weekend which made for some good movie watching in between BBQ's.

Below are my movies of the week:

June 30
               Daylight (Directed by Rob Cohen) The Poseidon Adventure meets the NY/NJ underground tunnels. Not a very good action movie but also not the worst thing that Stallone has ever done.

49 Different Movies Watched in June. 297 Movies in 181 Days
  
July 1
               A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (Directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson) The movies went downhill after the original but the third Harold and Kumar movie still made me laugh. Neil Patrick Harris was great yet again as himself.

July 2
               Happy Feet Two (Directed by George Miller & Gary Eck & David Peers) I liked the original so I gave the sequel a shot. I should have just stuck with the original and pretended like I didn't know this movie existed. The jokes were stupid and a couple of the new characters made no sense at all. Avoid seeing this.

July 3
               Live Free or Die Hard (Directed by Len Wiseman) Compared to the original Die Hard movie this isn't that great. But, compared to the most recent Die Hard movie it is pure gold.

July 4
               The Lone Ranger (Directed by Gore Verbinski) Since when did Disney movies get so violent? I know it is PG-13 but it is still overly violent for a family movie. Other than the violence I was quite bored during the movie. Nothing really sucked me in to the movie. Johnny Depp had some good one-liners but that wasn't enough to save me from disliking this movie.

               Escape from L.A. (Directed by John Carpenter) I hate to admit it but I have never seen Escape from New York. Having said that I hope it is better than this turd. The special effects were horrible in this movie as was the plot. I even fell asleep briefly during the major battle scene late in the movie.

               Independence Day (Directed by Roland Emmerich) I have been waiting most of the year to watch this movie. I could not watch it until the fourth of July because it is a tradition for my dad and I the last 5-6 years to watch it on Independence Day. We have watched it so many times now that we critique it and the stupid things said and done in it from beginning to end. It is a fun movie that I look forward to watching with my dad every year.

July 5
               Deep Blue Sea (Directed by Renny Harlin) Cheesy action movie about killer sharks not named Jaws. Found this on Amazon Instant and decided to watch it because I have never seen it from beginning to end, I usually caught it on TBS half way through. Nothing special and quite predictable but it was a good movie to watch while putting my new desk together.

               Jack (Directed by Francis Ford Coppola) I have watched this movie a number of times over the years but never paid much attention to who the director was until this time. How exactly does the director of the Godfather trilogy and Apocalypse Now end up directing a movie about a kid who grows 4 times faster than everyone else? I enjoy this movie because it is simple and fun.

               The Fifth Element (Directed by Luc Besson) I had forgotten how much I love this movie. From beginning to end it is a blast. I don't know how else to describe this movie besides total awesomeness!

July 6
               Rocky Balboa (Directed by Sylvester Stallone) Sixteen years after the horrible Rocky V Stallone brought his Rocky character back for one more fight. This is the movie that Rocky V should have been. The montage says it all, Rocky's still got it! I do think that Stallone could have come up with a better name for his opponent. I mean really Mason "The Line" Dixon?

               Knuckleball! (Directed by Ricki Stern & Anne Sundberg) I am a lifelong baseball fan and growing up my favorite pitcher was Tim Wakefield. Since his rookie season with the Pirates until he retired from the Red Sox I was a fan. This documentary about Knuckleball pitchers was a cool look at how few there are out there and how a single fingernail can ruin a pitch. It was very cool seeing Wakefield, R.A. Dickey and other knuckleball legends playing golf and talking about highlights and lowlights of their careers. I would recommend this to anyone that is a baseball fan.

               The Call (Directed by Brad Anderson) A pretty good thriller from WWE Studios about a girl kidnapped and her communication with a 911 dispatcher. I was in to the movie up until the very end. I thought that the ending was a bit much on the revenge side. This was by far the best release from WWE studios in years.

Movies Watched: 309
Movies To Go: 56

No comments:

Post a Comment