Stream

Sunday, June 30, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 26

With week twenty six in the books that means the year is half over. In the last six months I have watched some great movies. Here is to another 6 months and more great movies.

Below are my movies of the week:

June 23           
               Captain Ron (Directed by Thom E. Eberhardt) Another oldie but a goodie from my childhood. Bumbling family man inherits a yacht and needs to get it to Miami to sell it. Well, being from Chicago he doesn't know how to sail so enter Captain Ron who might be the worst yet sweetest boat captain you'll ever meet. Everything that can go wrong does go wrong. But in the end everything works out, who could have guessed. When I was growing up this was one of my dad’s favorite movies.

               Drive Angry (Directed by Patrick Lussier) This movie is not to be taken seriously at all. Once you do that it is a fun throwback action movie. Nic Cage is hit and miss at times but I thought this was a hit for him. Reminds me of classic revenge movies from so many years ago. I enjoyed the supporting cast that helped fill the movie, especially Amber Heard.

               Star Trek: First Contact (Directed by Jonathan Frakes) I was never a big fan of the Star Trek TV show, even The Next Generation. But I am a fan of this movie. I like the Time Travel aspect and the cast as a whole.

               Planet Hulk (Directed by Sam Liu) Marvel really needs to work on their animated films. The animation and storyline were lacking big time. I had hoped the more recent animated Marvel movies would be better but I was mistaken.

June 24
               Source Code (Directed by Duncan Jones) Fun technology oriented action movie about a former soldier being sent back in time to the same 8 minutes over and over again to stop a terrorist attack. The fact that Michelle Monaghan was in it made it that much better.

June 26
               Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Directed by Doug Liman) The film that broke up Jennifer Aniston's marriage is a kick ass adventure from beginning to end. Seeing Brad and Angelina go from trying to kill one another to competing for the best kills is always fun to watch.

June 27
               Finding Nemo (Directed by Andrew Stanton & Lee Unkrich) Finding Nemo is one of Pixar's best films and shows how creativie they can be. I wish the current Pixar would take a cue from the past and put more effort in to their movies instead of going for cheap sequels.

               Gone (Directed by Heitor Dhalia) I liked the concept of this movie, a girl who was kidnapped now hunts down for the kidnapper after he takes her sister. I didn't like the movie in general though.

June 28
               Point Break (Directed by Kathryn Bigelow) Classic, plain and simple! If you haven't seen this movie and are an action junkie then go check it out NOW! Swayze, Reeves and Busey all deliver in this presidential surfer flick.

June 29
               White House Down (Directed by Roland Emmerich) I've talked bad about Emmerich in the past but White House Down is the best thing he has done since Independence Day. Lots of action and explosions along with just enough cheesy humor to round it out. Channing Tatum has come a very long way from Step Up to be a legit action star.

               The Italian Job (1969) (Directed by Peter Collinson) This movie confused me so much. I know what it is about but I could never figure how who the different characters were and what the hell was going on in the prison. Plus it just ends with them hanging over a cliff.

               Horrible Bosses (Directed by Seth Gordon) A couple years ago I made the mistake of choosing to see Hangover 2 instead of Horrible Bosses. I still regret that decision. This movie is hilarious as each boss has their own evil traits. This was the first movie in a long time that I liked Jennifer Aniston in. It was nice to see her get away from her old "Friends" persona.

Movies Watched: 296
Movies To Go: 69

No comments:

Post a Comment