Stream

Sunday, July 14, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 28

Week twenty-eight was a very busy work week so a couple nights I ended up coming home and crashing without watching a movie.

Below are my movies of the week:

July 7
               Godzilla (1998) (Directed by Roland Emmerich) I'm not sure what was ravaging the streets of New York City but it sure didn't look like Godzilla. It looked more like a dinosaur from Jurassic Park escaped in to the city. After all the hype leading up to this movie it was a disappointment. Thankfully I didn't have to pay to see this when it came out back in 1998, I got in free from my job at a movie theater.

               Despicable Me 2 (Directed by Pierre Coffin & Chris Renaud) This movie lives up to its title, it was despicable. It was missing the humor and creativity from the first one. It was predictable and boring. My dad and I saw it in 3D and there were maybe one or two small pieces that took advantage of the 3D.

               The Bay (Directed by Barry Levinson) This movie had me shouting "Oh Shit" at one point and not in a good way. This "found footage" film is about a small town in Maryland that on the 4th of July most of the residents come down with some kind of infection from the water that sees the breaking out in rashes and later dying. It probably wasn't a good idea after there was a positive E. Coli test not too far north from me a few days ago.

July 9
               American Reunion (Directed by Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg) I was a junior in High School when the original American Pie movie came out and though the first two sequels were not as good as the original I enjoyed them. Nine years later the original gang is back for their 13 year reunion and of course they still know how to get in to awkward situations. I enjoyed this movie mainly because they got the gang back together but also for the stupid comedy it delivered. It reminded me more of the original than any previous sequel.

July 11
               21 Jump Street (Directed by Phil Lord & Chris Miller) I was never really a fan of the TV show but this movie is a lot of fun. The references to the old show as well as Hollywood not knowing how to come up with something original was great. I liked that this movie didn't take itself too serious and was more about delivering comedy. The chase scene on the highway waiting for stuff to explode was very enjoyable.

               The A-Team (Directed by Joe Carnahan) No matter what people say about this movie I love it. It is a very fun action movie based on the TV show. The actors cast for each of the main characters were spot on. I really wish they would do a sequel for this movie but I don't think there is any chance of that happening.

July 12
               Sharknado (Directed by Anthony C. Ferrante) I've officially bought in to the hype that is Sharknado. This movie is so bad it is amazing. The action is ridiculous and the weather seems to change from one cut scene to another. The shark footage also looked like something taped off Shark Week. Having said that, I really hope they do a sequel because I want to see it now!

July 13
               Pacific Rim (Directed by Guillermo del Toro) Best movie for summer 2013 by far! From beginning to end this action adventure was a blast. Del Toro's monster creations were both visually stunning and very imaginative. The battle scenes between the man-made machines and the monsters were fun to watch.

               Innerspace (Directed by Joe Dante) This is yet another film from my childhood that I decided to revisit. It doesn't have the best plot but it is at least creative and enjoyable. I have come to realize during this challenge that I am a big fan of Dennis Quaid.


Movies Watched: 318
Movies To Go: 47

No comments:

Post a Comment