Stream

Monday, July 22, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 29

Week twenty-nine was a another busy work week so I didn't get in as many movies as I would have hoped for. Good thing I am so far ahead on my total count.

Below are my movies of the week:

July 14
               Lethal Weapon 4 (Directed by Richard Donner) This may sound weird but Lethal Weapon 4 is one of my top 2 Lethal Weapon movies, I won't say what the other one was. I really enjoy this buddy cop series and part 4 was a really nice way to wrap up the series.

               The Rock (Directed by Michael Bay) Michael Bay + Nicholas Cage + Alcatraz = Crazy over the top action movie. Very strong cast all around from Sean Connery to Ed Harris and John Spencer.

               Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (Directed by Irvin Kershner) My dad came over to hang out and we started watching this movie. He didn't stay to finish it but I had to keep going. Great follow up to Episode 4 and it did a nice job of setting up for Episode 6.

July 15
               First Kid (Directed by David M. Evans) I needed a totally mindless movie to watch after a long day at work so I decided on this one after recording it a couple weeks ago. Not very good but it had a few laughs in it.

July 17
               Death Race (Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson) I have now watched all of the movies in the Death Race series, including the original. This one is so much better that the original Death Race. I am a Statham fan and he shines in his element, kicking ass and driving a car.

               Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Directed by Phil Lord & Chris Miller) I had been thinking about watching this movie for a couple weeks but after my friend Jessica told me that we will be seeing the sequel come September I had to watch the original again as a refresher. Very cute storyline and strong animation make this one of the better animated films released in the last 5 years.

               This Film Is Not Yet Rated (Directed by Kirby Dick) Very interesting documentary about the MPAA and how it rates movies. I never knew there was so much secrecy about the people rating the movies and what they have wanted to rate some movies. I would be interested to see a follow-up film looking at the rating system now and if the original film helped make and changes within.

July 18
               Machete (Directed by Ethan Maniquis & Robert Rodriguez) It is funny to think that this movie started out as a joke trailer for the Grindhouse double feature. It has bad acting and bad special effects but that is what makes it a fun movie. I am looking forward to the sequel coming out in a couple months.

July 19
               Get Smart (Directed by Peter Segal) Not the best movie adaptation from a TV show but I enjoyed it and I thought they got the role of Maxwell Smart cast perfectly. I was a bit bummed that The Rock turned out to be a bad guy (Spoiler Alert) but seeing him trying his hand at comedy reminds me of his days on the microphone back in WWE.

               Van Wilder (Directed by Walt Becker) One of Ryan Reynolds early hits, at least in my opinion, about a college student that didn't want to graduate. It felt like a new take on Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School. It is hard to believe this movie is already 10+ years old.

 July 20
               Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back (Directed by Kevin Smith) Kevin Smith is one of my favorite directors and anything he puts out I enjoy, except Cop Out that wasn't his creation. It was a lot of fun seeing people from his previous movies show up in Strike Back. The plot was crazy but still so much fun.

               The Dark Knight Rises (Directed by Christopher Nolan) I have been holding off on watching this movie all year until today. It wasn't the best Batman movie from Nolan but it was still very well done and a nice closer for the series. Tom Hardy was brilliant as Bane and much more fun to see on screen compared to the horrible Bane character in the George Clooney starred Batman and Robin.

Movies Watched: 330
Movies To Go: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment