Stream

Sunday, June 9, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 23


I found my new Ocean's Eleven during week twenty three. I am closing in on less than 100 movies for the year.

Below are my movies of the week:

June 2
               The Goonies (Directed by Richard Donner) I have yet to meet someone my age that has not seen this classic. 28 years later it is still a lot of fun to watch. I know a few of my friends that have now introduced their children to the movie. We all wanted to have a group of friends like the Goonies growing up. If you disagree then you are crazy.

               Vegas Vacation (Directed by Stephen Kessler) This wasn't as fun as I originally remember it being. There are a few one liners that I still laugh at but overall it is a very mediocre attempt at a Griswold family movie.

               Street Fighter (Directed by Steven E. de Souza) I use to drop quarter after quarter at the arcade to play this game, I usually fought at Ryu or Chun-Li. When this movie first came out my brother and I were dying to see it. I still remember going to see it with my dad and everything that went on that day leading up to going to the movie; yes I remember the weirdest things. As for the movie it is super cheesy and makes very little sense but I still enjoy watching it every couple of years. Van Damme is classic cheesy Van Damme in this film.

June 4
               Real Steel (Directed by Shawn Levy) I really like this movie. Not because of the story about an estranged father and son coming together. Not because of character development by Jackman as he tries to pick himself back up and rebuild his life. I like this movie because there are crazy looking robots fighting one another to the death. This movie is a mash-up of Rocky and Transformers. No matter what other people think of it I still get a kick of watching it time and time again.

June 5
               Bad Boys (Directed by Michael Bay) The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air plus Martin plus Michael Bay action equals tons of fun. Take out the action in the movie and you still have a very funny comedy.

June 6
               The Ringer (Directed by Barry W. Blaustein) A movie about a guy trying to cheat in the Special Olympics might not sound like a good idea but The Rigner is an enjoyable movie. The love story between the two main stars felt forced and boring but the movie really shines because of the supporting cast.

June 8
               Now You See Me (Directed by Louis Leterrier) Now You See Me is one of those movies I will enjoy watching over and over again. This movie was described to me as Ocean's Eleven with magicians. I love Ocean's Eleven and this is my new Ocean's Eleven for years to come.

               Parker (Directed by Taylor Hackford) Jason Statham is a fun action star and this movie was perfect for him. It wasn't completely over the top like some of his other movies and Jennifer Lopez wasn't that bad in it either.

               Battleship (Directed by Peter Berg) The simplest description I can think for this movie is Popcorn Action Flick. Not the best thing out there but it was something fun to watch at 11 on a Saturday night.

Movies Watched: 259
Movies To Go: 106

No comments:

Post a Comment