Stream

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Daily Special: Week 20

Thanks to an extra day off this week I was able to get in a couple extra movies. I got back to my all challenge original roots this week. I am itching to watch a couple of my favorites from last year in the near future.

Below are my movies of the week:

May 11
               Underworld: Evolution (Directed by Len Wiseman) This sequel to Underworld was much more violent and bloody than the original. That is one of the reasons I really enjoyed it. Well, that and Kate Beckinsale rocking the tight leather once again.

               Searching for Bobby Fischer (Directed by Steven Zaillian) I suck at playing chess but every time I watch this movie I think I can play and proceed to make a fool of myself. I have yet to try my hand at playing chess again but I can only dream to be as good as the worst player in the final tournament.

May 12
               Prefontaine (Directed by Steve James) Jared Leto does a great job as famed runner Steve Prefontaine as he goes from Olympic hopeful to activist for young athletes. This movie also covers the birth of Nike and the waffle iron.

May 13
               Dangerous Minds (Directed by John N. Smith) I remember when I thought Coolio was the greatest rapper in the world, yes I admit to not being super smart as an early teenager. Every so often there is a movie about a teacher who uses an alternative method to reach their students. This was the version I had growing up and I think it does a good job of still holding up pretty good to this day.

May 14
               Holy Man (Directed by Stephen Herek) I remember seeing this movie in the theater with my dad. It is a goofy movie with a cheesy ploy but there is still some funny moments that still make me laugh all these years later.

May 15
               Godzilla (2014) (Directed by Gareth Edwards) As this movie began I kept thinking, this has to be better than the Matthew Broderick version from the late 90's. I was one hundred percent right. The movies were complete polar opposites. My dad I both really enjoyed the special effects and plot. It felt more like a classic Godzilla movie.

May 16
               Neighbors (Directed by Nicholas Stoller) While I enjoyed this movie my least favorite parts were the ones played by Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne. The whole trying super hard to be cool is a bit annoying. I would happily watch a sequel with just the guys from the frat house.

               Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Directed by Robert Zemeckis) It had been years since I last watched this movie. I forgot how much fun it was. I still remember my brother having a framed movie poster for the movie hung up in his room when we lived in Aurora.

               Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Unrated) (Directed by Adam McKay) This was one of the worst movies I have watched this year. I was a bit timid about watching it because I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. A lot of the stuff just felt stupid or pointless.

May 17
               Planes (Directed by Klay Hall) This spinoff of Pixar's Cars series isn't great but I think it is one par or even a little better than Cars 2.

               Just Like Heaven (Directed by Mark Waters) It never hurts to throw a romantic comedy in to the movie mix. The cast is what drew me in to watching this movie. The supporting cast is a strong as the two leads.

               The Rocketeer (Directed by Joe Johnston) Another movie that I have not watched in years. I came across it while searching through HBO Go and figured, why not. I am glad I did because it is still one of the better "comic book" type movies from its time period.

Days Watched: 137
Movies Watched: 233

No comments:

Post a Comment