Stream

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Daily Special: Week 18

Week eighteen was one of my busier weeks in some time. I am only a few movies ahead of where I was at a year ago at this point.

Below are my movies of the week:

April 27
               The Terminator (Directed by James Cameron      ) Came across this movie on Amazon Prime and decided to go for an all-day Terminator marathon. I know special effects weren't as flashy as they are today but I still had to laugh a bit at seeing the stripped down cyborg robot walking around. It looked almost like stop motion animation in a few scenes.

               Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Director's Cut) (Directed by James Cameron) This is the best Terminator movie in the series and one of Cameron's best movies in his career. The action and special effects are all there. I still get excited seeing Bobby Budnick from Salute Your Shorts in the movie as John's friend.

               Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Directed by Jonathan Mostow) The Terminator series begins to decline with this movie. While the continuity was still in place it still felt a bit disconnected. I also have a problem with PG-13 sequels to rated R movies.

               Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) (Directed by McG) I can't believe that even after this movie was released Hollywood still wanted to make another Terminator movie. As an action movie it is enjoyable but in the Terminator universe it falls off the track.

April 28
               Blue Crush (Directed by John Stockwell) The storyline for this movie as a whole was nothing special, but the surfing scenes made it enjoyable to watch. It also doesn't hurt to have some comedy mixed in along with beautiful women in bikinis.

April 29
               There's Something About Mary (Directed by Bobby Farrelly & Peter Farrelly) The summer this came out I was working at a movie theater and I watched this and The Truman Show at least half a dozen times each. This is still one of my favorite movie soundtracks.

April 30
               The Medallion (Directed by Gordon Chan) Wow this movie was just plain bad. Plot holes and confusing storyline all around. I love the fact that one of the characters wives turns out to be a secret agent of some kind and they don't even try to address it.

Movies watched in 30 of 30 Days. 49 Total Movies in April

May 1
               Odd Thomas (Directed by Stephen Sommers) A surprisingly fun and well done movie. This movie has been on my "Need to Watch List" for some time now. The plot mixed together with the characters make for a very enjoyable movie. This movie might come back later this year as one of my book to movie comparisons.

May 2
               The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Directed by Marc Webb) This movie had both good and bad moments. While it told a strong Spider-Man story I thought that it tried to include too much in one shot. There was a good build=up for Jamie Foxx's character Electro but then he became a secondary character it seemed like. I also think Sony tried to include too many easter eggs to keep Spider-Man fans excited.

               Meatballs (Directed by Ivan Reitman) Watching this movie I couldn't help but think that the kid that Bill Murray's character befriended looked a lot like a young Joshua Jackson circa The Mighty Ducks.

May 3
               Small Soldiers (Directed by Joe Dante) Growing up when I would play with my action figures I would pretend at times that they came to life. This movie makes that happen, and then it goes wrong. Phil Hartman is hilarious in this movie.

               Ride Along (Directed by Tim Story) I still don't understand that extreme love for Kevin Hart that people have. His humor seems too childish at times and that carried over to this movie.

               Holes (Directed by Andrew Davis) This is one of those movies that I can watch over and over again. It tells a good story from beginning to end. This movie has the best performance I have ever seen out of Shia LaBeouf.

               The Sklar Brothers: What Are We Talking About (Directed by Jay Chapman) Very funny comedy special from the twin Skylar brothers. They have been on @Midnight a number of times and I found them pretty funny so when I saw this on Netflix I knew I had to watch it.

Days Watched: 123
Movies Watched: 211

No comments:

Post a Comment