Stream

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Daily Special: Week 16

Week sixteen was a slower week of movies. Made sure to watch at least one a day but I didn't fit in many extras. 

Below are my movies of the week:

April 13
               Kicking & Screaming (Directed by Jesse Dylan) The best parts of this movie are the scenes with Mike Ditka. I was not a big fan of the rest of this movie. It was a predictable story with the expected end.

               Cruel Intentions (Directed by Roger Kumble        ) This was the first movie that I went and saw by myself following my first brain surgery. The cast was made up of some of the hottest stars in Hollywood at the time. I had forgot Joshua Jackson was in the movie until he showed up with his bleach blonde hair.

               The Running Man (Directed by Paul Michael Glaser) How can someone not enjoy a cheesy action movie from the 80's? This might be one of the cheesiest movies that Arnold dished out but it is also one I have been looking forward to catching again. Thank you Netflix!

April 14
               Drumline (Directed by Charles Stone III) I remember getting so much shit from a couple people at work after I said I went and saw this in the theater and liked it. I could care less about the storyline but the drum performances were great.

April 15
               Good Will Hunting (Directed by Gus Van Sant) The first time I saw this movie was with my mother and my brother on a Friday afternoon at the Thornton Town Center. I still get a laugh hearing the Apples line,

April 16
               High Fidelity (Directed by Stephen Frears) Going back to this movie so many years after seeing it I find it a bit hard to watch. Jack Black and John Cusack come off as a bit one dimensional to me.

April 17
               Hillsborough (Directed by Daniel Gordon) Very strong and impactful ESPN documentary about the tragedy at Hillsborough where a number of fans lost their lives trying to get in to see a soccer game. this documentary debuted on the 25th anniversary of the event.

April 18
               Cinderella Man (Directed by Ron Howard) Little Opie Taylor sure knows how to make a good movie. While it is slow at some points it does a really good job of telling the story of a strong fighter in and out of the ring during the great depression.

April 19
               Loverboy (Directed by Joan Micklin Silver) Patrick Dempsey sure was popular back in the late 80's. I can't be certain but this movie might be the main reason that I have am afraid to ever order anchovies on my pizza.

               Just One of the Guys (Directed by Lisa Gottlieb) How was it so easy for the main character in this movie to enroll at a high school with a fake identity? Also, could she find a weirder high school in California to enroll in?

Days Watched: 109
Movies Watched: 187

No comments:

Post a Comment