Stream

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Daily Special: Week 4

My first weekly update of the year is officially ready to go. Okay this is more like three updates in one, but from now on they will happen on a weekly basis.

Below are my movies of the week:

January 19
               G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Directed by Stephen Sommers) This movie has some major flaws but what movie about a childhood toy doesn't? Though it has its flaws it still fun to watch and I wish they would have been able to carry over more of the original cast to the sequel, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra.

January 20
               Road Trip (Directed by Todd Phillips) This movie came out right before I was set to graduate from High School. Two of my friends and I even ditched out early the last day of class to go see it. There is nothing amazing about this movie except that it is early Todd Phillips and back then he knew how to direct a funny movie. This is also the movie that introduced me to and made me a fan of DJ Qualls.

January 21
               Sherlock 3.03: His Last Vow (Directed by Nick Hurran) One thing I love about Sherlock is each episode is almost 90 minutes long. One thing I hate about Sherlock is there are only three episodes in a season. Now that the season is over I have to wait another year for more episodes and a conclusion to the interesting cliffhanger we were left with at the end of this episode.

               Fantastic Four (Directed by Tim Story) After the X-Men and Spider-Man but before Iron Man there was the Fantastic Four. I thought the casting choices for the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom were okay. I can remember going to see this with three of my friends at Target. We got off at 2:30 one day and decided to go see it.

January 22
               Out of the Furnace (Directed by Scott Cooper) I am surprised that this movie and Christian Bale specifically did not get any serious consideration this award season. This might be the best performance I have ever seen from Bale. The movie had a dark and gritty feeling which paired well with the plot.

January 23
               The Mighty Ducks (Directed by Stephen Herek) It is hard not to enjoy this movie. No matter the kind of day I've had sitting down and watching this favorite from my childhood makes everything so much better. This is the only Duck Dynasty that matters.

January 24
               August: Osage County (Directed by John Wells) The family portrayed in this movie has some serious issues. They might even make Jerry Springer blush a bit. I did not really care for Meryl Streep in this movie because she went over the top from her first appearance on screen. Chris Cooper and Benedict Cumberbatch were the reasons I stuck with this movie all the way through. One interesting note about this movie is that my mom went to high school with the director John Wells.

January 25
               World War Z (Directed by Marc Forster) This was one of my surprise favorites from last summer. I liked the new take on the super-fast "zombies" but it also scared me because I knew I wouldn't have a shot to survive them. I would like to see the original cut of the movie before all the reshoots because I am sure that would explain why Matthew Fox was in the movie.

               Ghostbusters (Directed by Ivan Reitman) Thank you Netflix for making this one of your top picks for me. There are so many quotable moments in this movie and after just about 30 years it is still very enjoyable to watch.

Days Watched: 25
Movies Watched: 36

No comments:

Post a Comment