Stream

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Book Worm: Weeks 1-4

This is my first weekly update of the year for the books I have started and finished. From this point going forward I will be posting my updates on a weekly basis.

Below are my finished books for the year:

January 1 – January 4
               Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10 (Written by Marcus Luttrell and Patrick Robinson) Going through this book it is hard not to imagine that it feels like an action movie. The problem is this is not a movie at all, but instead a true story told by the lone survivor of a military mission back in 2005.Besides just telling the story of what happened during the mission the book also includes the family aspect of the storyteller and what they went through waiting to hear whether or not their son was alive.

January 5 – January 9
               Infected (Written by Scott Sigler) My friend Rooster suggested this book and series to me and I am glad he did. The book follows multiple characters that are either infected by weird creatures that can control their mind and actions or are trying to track down the infected. As soon as I was finished with the book I wanted to move on to the sequel right away.

January 12 – January 16
               World War Z (Written by Max Brooks) This book is set years after a "Zombie Apocalypse" and follows a writer looking for people to hear about their experiences during the battles with the zombies. This book would make for a GREAT 10 episode TV Miniseries.

January 19 – January 23
               Contagious (Written by Scott Sigler) The second book in the Infected series is just as good if not better than Infected. As soon as the book begins you are thrust in to the ongoing battle to stop the infections from spreading. The characters all have their little quirks which helps you become invested in them as the book goes on.

Books Finished: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment