Stream

Sunday, August 25, 2013

365 Movie Challenge - Week 34

Week thirty-four included some old, some new, some classics and a really big boo.

Below are my movies of the week:
August 18
               Dawn of the Dead (2004) (Directed by Zach Snyder) Not really the best thing to watch during breakfast after you don't get much sleep. I am not a big fan of horror movies but this one isn't bad. I like the actors in it.

               The Princess Bride (Directed by Rob Reiner) I don't know anyone that doesn't like this movie. It is a fun story and full of quotable moments. I like that the movie is told as if it was a book being read. Now if Hollywood could figure out a way to make a movie that follows its original source more closely.

August 20
               Caddyshack II (Directed by Allan Arkush) Stupid me for watching this. I got home late and decided to watch this while I was making dinner. I had forgotten how bad it was. I will make a mental note to never watch this movie again.

August 21
               The Expendables 2 (Directed by Simon West) There is never a wrong time to enjoy a movie with lots of explosions and cheesy one liners. Can The Expendables 3 get released immediately please?

August 22
               Bronson (Directed by Nicolas Winding Refn) I don't get the love people have for this movie. I thought Tom Hardy did great, especially on stage playing multiple parts. The story however lost me in multiple parts. I was really looking forward to finally watching this movie too. Maybe I should revisit it at a later date to see if my opinion of it changes.

August 23
               Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (Directed by Gore Verbinski) Lately I have been playing the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego game on my PS3 and while playing through the first movie on the game I realized I didn't remember much about the movie itself. Ten years later and this movie still holds up. The story and characters are very strong all the way through. Though the sequels went downhill more and more with each release this movie can still stand on its own without much trouble at all.

August 24
               Coyote Ugly (Directed by David McNally) I forgot that there is an actual storyline for this movie. I thought it was jsut about cute girls dancing on bars to the jukebox. Thankfully it isn't much of a storyline otherwise it would ruin the movie.

               Back to the Future Part II (Directed by Robert Zemeckis) Still fun to watch all these years later. I made sure to take note that the movie takes place in 2015 and not 2012, 2013 or whenever someone tries to create a fake meme about the date. I've always wondered if the Sports Almanac held all the sports scores for the previous century why was it so small? The print had to be really really tiny to fit it all in.

               Tommy Boy (Directed by Peter Segal) I really think that if he didn't die Chris Farley would still be in Adam Sandler's movies in place of Kevin James. I like Kevin James a lot but there was always something about Farley that made it hard not to enjoy whenever he was on the screen.

               Multiplicity (Directed by Harold Ramis) I'd say this filled my weekly Michael Keaton quota quite well. Keaton delivers four solid performances all as a different version of himself. I had forgotten about this movie when I asked about the merits of Michael Keaton. I’m glad some friends reminded me because it is a very funny movie.

Movies Watched: 389
Movies To Go for 2.0: 111

No comments:

Post a Comment