Stream

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Daily Special: Week 7

The biggest downfall to convincing one of your friends to watch the entire Fast & Furious movie series is they then say you have to watch the entire Twilight series. My Twilight movie watching began this week and I am ready for it to be over. This week also saw 11 new movies that I did not watch last year at all.

Below are my movies of the week:
February 9
               Fight Club (Directed by David Fincher) David Fincher is one of my favorite directors and he delivered big time with this movie. The characters were cast perfectly and the story was told so very well. Ed Norton and Brad Pitt playing off one another was fun to watch.

               The Mist (Directed by Frank Darabont) This movie started out pretty strong and was building off of an interesting plot but by the end it completely fell apart. It felt like Darabont rushed the ending. I did like the brief moment when the actresses that play Carol and Andrea from The Walking Dead were in a scene together.

               Talhotblond (Directed by Barbara Schroeder) This documentary was a suggestion from the Get Up On This podcast and the first thing that comes to mind is WOW. When watching this documentary it reminded me of a cross between NBC's Dateline and the movie Catfish.

February 10
               Bushwhacked (Directed by Greg Beeman) I remember seeing this movie after it came out on video. I always liked Daniel Stern from the Home Alone movies and his character in this movie was similar, except for he wasn't a real criminal.

February 11
               20 Feet from Stardom (Directed by Morgan Neville) My friend Lexi suggested this to me and I am glad she did. This documentary focused on the voices of the background singers we have heard in songs going back decades. Fame is a lot different for the women standing behind the lead singers. I recognized a few of the backup singers including Judith Hill who was recently a contestant on NBC's The Voice.

February 12
               Oldboy (Directed by Chan-wook Park) This has been in my queue since the day I joined Netflix. It is hard to explain this movie without giving much away but I will say it is very intense and has some great fight scenes.

               Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Director's Cut) (Directed by Steven Spielberg) I do not remember ever seeing this movie before, and I have a good memory. I am bummed more than a little it took me so long to finally watch it. It is a great Sci-Fi as well as Spielberg movie.

February 13
               McHale's Navy (Directed by Bryan Spicer) After a long day at work I went with this mindless "masterpiece" to give me a few laughs to help me unwind. I got my laughs and a bit more by the time this movie was over.

February 14
               Blue Jasmine (Directed by Woody Allen) From early in this movie I was not happy with the tone of the movie and the main character. As it went on I had a hard time trying to finish it. By the end of the movie I was happy with the outcome because my view of the main character hadn't changed a bit.

February 15
               Fast & Furious 6 (Directed by Justin Lin) I will gladly watch Fast & Furious movies well in to the double digits. I like the ever changing cast dynamic and the high octane (pun intended) action. It also doesn't hurt to have The Rock as one of the stars.

               The Twilight Saga: Twilight (Directed by Catherine Hardwicke) I really want to know where to get the invisible ketchup that everyone was using in the diner throughout the movie. Is it like Crystal Pepsi? I use to love that as a child. Also #KendrickCrush

               The Twilight Saga: New Moon (Directed by Chris Weitz) Why did they have to make the most boring book in the series so long? This movie was too drawn out and could have lost at least 20 minutes without losing much of the story.

Days Watched: 46
Movies Watched: 73

No comments:

Post a Comment