Stream

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Daily Special: Week 5

Good collection of movies watched this week. Finished the week off with a comic book triple feature. DC, Marvel and Dark Horse were all represented.

Below are my movies of the week:

January 26
               Underworld (Directed by Len Wiseman) The first movie in the better of the Vampire and Werewolf movie series has some great action sequences. The story left open the possibility to sequels and they made plenty of them.

               Wanted (Directed by Timur Bekmambetov) This action movie based on a graphic novel about a secret society of assassins is fun to watch. The slow motion fight scenes and crazy trick shots suck you in.

               G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Directed by Jon M. Chu) Spoiler Alert: Channing Tatum dies early in the movie and is pretty much replaced with Bruce Willis. This Joe movie had more action and didn't include the unnecessary love story as seen in the first one. For a second sequel I would like to see new characters added and mixed with some of this cast and if any are still "alive" some characters from the first G.I. Joe movie.

               Nitro Circus: The Movie (Directed by Gregg Godfrey & Jeremy Rawle) First watched this movie last fall and since then it is one of my favorites to watch if I want to see some good action and laugh at the same time.

January 27
               Invictus (Directed by Clint Eastwood) Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon were exceptional in this movie about Nelson Mandela shortly after taking office and South Africa hosting the Rugby World Cup. Ever since I watched the ESPN 30 for 30 on this same subject I have been looking forward to watching this again.

               WALL·E (Directed by Andrew Stanton) This futuristic Pixar film might not have a lot of dialogue but it is still one of the most heartfelt movies. I wonder if Alfonso CuarĂ³n is a fan of this movie because he incorporated a certain scene with a fire extinguisher in to his movie Gravity.

               Pitch Perfect (Directed by Jason Moore) Thanks to my friend Meghan and her love of this movie when I finally watched this movie I became a fan. The song selection is great because a number of them are from when I was growing up. On top of it all, it stars Anna Kendrick.  #KendrickCrush

January 28
               This is the End (Directed by Evan Goldberg & Seth Rogen) I enjoyed watching this movie more than I did the first time. I still am not a big Franco fan but I enjoyed the rest of the cast even crazy McBride.

January 29
               Rock of Ages (Directed by Adam Shankman) I like this movie way more than I really should. I don't care though. I love the music and the cast is great. I really would like to see the live show of this one day.

January 30
               Bio-Dome (Directed by Jason Bloom) Who doesn't enjoy a bad Pauly Shore movie from time to time? It had been a few years since I watched one of his movies and I was reminded why. Pauly Shore is an acquired taste that is for sure. I kind of want to watch more of his movies now.

January 31
               Goon (Directed by Michael Dowse) Seann William Scott and Jay Baruchel are hilarious in this comedy about a bouncer turned hockey thug. There isn't much that I don't love Baruchel in.

               In & Out (Directed by Frank Oz) Kevin Kline is hilarious in this comedy about a high school teacher that comes out of the closet after a former student of his wins an Oscar and announces it to the world. The dance scene where Kline tries to be manly is my favorite part of the entire movie.

Movies watched in 31 of 31 Days. 48 Total Movies in January

February 1
               Daredevil (Directed by Mark Steven Johnson) This movie has moments of being a good comic book movie but then you get scenes like the first date gymnastics routine on a kids playground. I am not an expert on the history of Daredevil but what I do know about him I like. I look forward to the series that Netflix is doing about him,

               Hellboy (Directed by Guillermo del Toro) When I originally saw this movie I had never read any of the comics or knew much about the character, but I soon became a big fan. Ron Perlman is perfect as Hellboy just like Robert Downey Jr. is perfect as Iron Man.

               Man of Steel (Directed by Zack Snyder) Snyder knows how to make a comic book movie. This is darker version of Superman than what we have previously seen and I think that works, especially after the most recent Batman movies.

Days Watched: 32
Movies Watched: 51

No comments:

Post a Comment